Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Streaming from spotify desktop/ using spartify

Hi,

I'm having a party soon and would really like to use spartify.com with my spotify premium subscription. This is a web app that allows anyone at the party to queue tracks and vote them up or down. Unfortunately this only works with the desktop version of spotify, so I was wondering if there is a way of streaming the output from spotify to my two O2 jogglers running squeezeplay, so that I can have multi-room audio too.

Cheers,

Ascent

Do a search on here for dsbridge. This transmits the stream from the desktop app as an Internet radio station. You even get artist/track info on the Squeezebox display.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobvfr400 View Post
    Do a search on here for dsbridge. This transmits the stream from the desktop app as an Internet radio station. You even get artist/track info on the Squeezebox display.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, I was trying to remember the name of this, it's something I used a while ago. Unfortunately though after testing it again this evening I've realised it doesn't really accomplish what I want. Unfortunately you can only stream to one listener. This means if I play spotify in the living room and listen on the joggler in the kitchen, there is a very large amount of lag due to buffering on the joggler. I can't run an instance of squeezeplay on the computer in the living room to listen too. Is there a way to reduce buffering on squeezeplay? This may solve the problem, although I would have to use an ethernet cable instead of wifi.