Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I use qobuz plug-in extensivelly.

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    One limitation I still want to apply is that with one online streaming account you will still only be able to stream a single song to one device or to multiple devices synchronized, basically no possibility to play different songs to different devices simultaneously as this usually is prohibited by the streaming providers and won't change in the future.
    I think I streamed by a mistake 2 diff songs to 2 diff devices behind NAT. Did not know this is an issue.

The questions I'm wondering about is related to if you have separate premium streaming service account for each family member or if you are using one account for the whole family.
    It is really only me who uses the account, the rest of the family does their own things and barely pay attention to what I do with music. I don't think we will ever converge.

If you have separate accounts, is the main purpose of that to be able to stream simultaneously or is it mainly to be able to keep track of individual favorites and playlists ?

If you have separate accounts, do you feel it would be important to be able to listen to the music from one of the account on all player devices in the house ?

If you have separate accounts, do you have accounts from different streaming providers or does all family member use the same streaming provider ?

If you have a single account for the whole family, are you severely missing the ability to keep track of individual playlists or favorites for each family member ?
    N/A

Do you have any ideas how you would like online streaming services to work on your Squeezebox and portable devices from a family perspective ? How would your dream system handle it ?
    O yes, I do, here are the basics:

choice of streaming quality, up to lossless. No lossless - I'm not a customer.
    correct and rich metadata embeded in tags, including proper classical tags
    rich search criteria based on metadata db lookups, not tags
    streaming not only music but also supporting content - booklets, bios, discographies, reviews, etc.
    cloud for my own cd's or audio files including lossless
    music marketplace for files and cd's
    George

Transporter->Pathos Logos->Triangle Celius
    Touch->Denon AVRS530BT -> Paradigm Monitor 7
    2 Duets, 1 SB3, 1 Touch, 1 Radio, Transporter
    OnePlus3 -> Sennheiser HD 380 Pro, NAD Viso
    2 servers -> Ubuntu Linux, NUC and Synology 1 Bay

Hi.

I'm using wimp, and here there is no problem playing different songs on different players, so I'm not sure that it is not possible in the future to have a similar feature.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

MOG also allows more than one simultaneous stream and that's something I've taken advantage of occasionally. Usually I just use it to listen to new albums before I buy them though.
    Receiver stuck at blue LED state after reboot? Please vote for bug 17462

I'd like to thank everyone who have answered on my questions in the initial post so far and I'm just posting this to lift up the thread in case some people missed it the first time. The intention with the thread was to get a feeling if there is a need for better support for online music listening in families and how you handle it today with Squeezebox.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

1. Single account for MOG

2. N/A

3. N/A

4. No

5. Happy with how it is now. Love that MOG can stream to more than one device with different streams, and supports synchronisation as well.

We use Last.fm as our premium service, with Slacker and Pandora as free services. One account for each for the whole family.

The ability to keep track of individual playlists or favorites for each family member: Not a problem in our house. My wife and I have fairly similar tastes, and we have favorites for each of us. We don't use playlists. The only problem is when our kids come over and want to listen to boy bands or metal. We just have them use Pandora and turn off Last.fm scrobbling while they're here!

My dream system and online streaming services: It would be nice to accommodate multiple instances of a service, but not really necessary for us.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster View Post
    1. Single account for MOG

2. N/A

3. N/A

4. No

5. Happy with how it is now. Love that MOG can stream to more than one device with different streams, and supports synchronisation as well.
    I finding that no 5 is no longer the case . That runnnng one stream will now cutoff the other .

Quote Originally Posted by jhonsberger@msn.com View Post
    I finding that no 5 is no longer the case . That runnnng one stream will now cutoff the other .
    I've just tested it again right now and I have two different streams running from MOG perfectly. Weird that you don't. Hopefully this isn't something that's getting rolled out gradually.

I forgot to add that I also use the MP3tunes Music Locker, because I use the DAR.FM service to record a radio show I always miss on a Saturday night, and that drops the recordings into MP3tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster View Post
    I've just tested it again right now and I have two different streams running from MOG perfectly. Weird that you don't. Hopefully this isn't something that's getting rolled out gradually.
    I just tested it and it works fine for me as well.

1) We use just 1 premium account: Pandora One
    2) My guess is that most would prefer the ability to multi-stream vs. individual playlist
    3) Yes.
    4) Not needed. 1 favorites list is sufficient for us, but I could see how larger families would like to customize for each persons likes/dislikes.
    5) Last I checked we are able to receive different streams from a single Pandora One account simultaneously. I'll check tonight to see if this is still the case.
    IntraNet : SoftSqueeeze & SqueezeSlave -> Adcom GFA-555
    ExtraNet : VortexBox 2.2
    Bedroom: Squeeze Classic V3 -> Bose WaveRado (AuxIn)
    Study: SqueezeBox Receiver -> Cambridge Soundworks Radio 740 (AuxIN)
    Workout Room : Squeeze Classic V3 -> Sony Amp
    iPad3 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    Nexus 7 / Cell phones : Squeeze Commander / Squeeze Player