Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    Thank you for the support.

I found it "Player wńhlen"!
    Unfortunately it was below "HauptmenŘ ausblenden"

I successfully managed to install jivelite on the latest version of raspbian usings a 3.2" Waveshare TFT. Everything is working fine except the "when off" screensaver (when playing works fine!). I want it to display the Clock but no matter what I select (not even Blank Screen), nothing happens when i press the off button (music stops). If it matters I am using jivelite to remote control squeezelite on another machine (Behavior is the same if iI select one of my Squeezebox Radios)

Edit:

Managed to Activate the Clock by manually Setting whenOff="ClockpenDetailedClock". I think i mistook whenStopped for whenOff here. Now I am stuck on the Clock and can't turn it back on.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Tobias
    Last edited by bias; 2016-11-12 at 17:03.

Quote Originally Posted by bias View Post
    I successfully managed to install jivelite on the latest version of raspbian usings a 3.2" Waveshare TFT. Everything is working fine except the "when off" screensaver (when playing works fine!). I want it to display the Clock but no matter what I select (not even Blank Screen), nothing happens when i press the off button (music stops). If it matters I am using jivelite to remote control squeezelite on another machine (Behavior is the same if iI select one of my Squeezebox Radios)

Edit:

Managed to Activate the Clock by manually Setting whenOff="ClockpenDetailedClock". I think i mistook whenStopped for whenOff here. Now I am stuck on the Clock and can't turn it back on.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Tobias
    I had exactly the same problem on raspbian+jivelite that's why I switched to picoreplayer. You can turn on again the device via a remote control app (ie android or other, from smartphone), But that's it, I also did not manage to find a way to switch it on via touch

Add button to jivelite?

Good evening. I use Pi + 7" display + jivelite to play music in some rooms of my house. I have also home automation in my house to switch on and off the lights + close and open shutters.

I would like to use the 7" display to play jivelite + switch the lights and the shutters of the room.
    Is it possible to crÚate a skin, or edit or modify jivelite and add 4 buttons to send http request? (i can send http request to switch the lights)

one button will be to switch the lights, the second to switch the shutters, the others for future actions...

Thanks for your help

Name:  jivelite button.JPG
Views: 559
Size:  65.4 KB

I'm trying to install Jivelite on Ubuntu using Triodes instructions from page 1

1) Install git and the following libraries from your linux distro: libSDL-1.2, libSDL_ttf-2.0, libSDL_image-1.2, libSDL_gfx libexpat1-dev
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install git libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libexpat1-dev
    2) Install and build luajit:
    Code:
    git clone http://luajit.org/git/luajit-2.0.git
    cd luajit-2.0
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo ldconfig
    cd ..
    3) Clone jivelite & build it:
    Code:
    git clone https://code.google.com/p/jivelite/
    cd jivelite
    make
    4) Run it
    Code:
    ./bin/jivelite

however I get a fatal error repository does not exist when running git clone https://code.google.com/p/jivelite/ I guess thats because he is no longer maintainig the repository? Any suggestions appreciated
    PiCorePlayer 3.11 with Hifiberry Digital + (Lounge)
    Joggler Squeezeplay as Remote (Lounge)
    PiCorePlayer 3.11 with pi official touchscreen and hifiberry DAC (Office)
    Joggler Squeezeplay as Remote (Office)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Kitchen)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Conservatory)
    Radio x 2 (Bedroom)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Garage)

LMS 7.9 on DIY Unraid 6 Server (i5)

Squeeze user since the SB1

That google-code link doesn't work anymore, use this instead

sudo apt-get install libluajit-5.1-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libexpat1-dev git make build-essential

For luajit

cd
    git clone http://luajit.org/git/luajit-2.0.git
    cd luajit-2.0
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo ldconfig

For jivelite

cd
    git clone https://github.com/ralph-irving/jivelite.git
    cd jivelite
    sudo make PREFIX=/usr
    ./bin/jivelite
    Last edited by HB64; 2017-03-11 at 05:11.

fabulous that worked a treat thanks.

oddly though it doesn't survive a reboot, when I try ro run .bin/jivelite after a reboot it doesn't exist
    PiCorePlayer 3.11 with Hifiberry Digital + (Lounge)
    Joggler Squeezeplay as Remote (Lounge)
    PiCorePlayer 3.11 with pi official touchscreen and hifiberry DAC (Office)
    Joggler Squeezeplay as Remote (Office)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Kitchen)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Conservatory)
    Radio x 2 (Bedroom)
    Joggler Squeezeplay (Garage)

LMS 7.9 on DIY Unraid 6 Server (i5)

Squeeze user since the SB1

Quote Originally Posted by markiii View Post
    fabulous that worked a treat thanks.

oddly though it doesn't survive a reboot, when I try ro run .bin/jivelite after a reboot it doesn't exist
    That's perfectly normal behavior, you have to make jivelite start on boot.
    I don't know where your ubuntu is running on but the way to make it start on a debian distro (and maybe Ubuntu) goes as following:

Install Xorg and “LXDE-Core”:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install xorg lxde-core
    After that we must make the system auto login:
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service
    And change the "ExecStart=" line in the "[Service]" section to this (with foo as example name):
    Code:
    ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty --autologin foo --noclear %I $TERM
    CTRL X to save it.
    For automatic `startx` edit “.profile” in your home directory:
    Code:
    sudo nano .profile
    And add this snippet to the end of the file:
    Code:
    [ "$(tty)" = "/dev/tty1" ] && exec startx
    CTRL X to save it.
    Now set the correct default.target to ensure the system boots to the console (TTY) rather than to a display manager:
    Code:
    sudo systemctl set-default multi-user.target
    To reverse this change, reset the default.target with (leave this for now otherwise jivelite will fail to start):
    Code:
    sudo systemctl set-default graphical.target
    Now finally autostart JiveLite by editing the following file:
    Code:
    sudo nano /usr/bin/startlxde
    Scroll to the bottom of the it and you’ll see the last line says this:
    Code:
    exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE-pi -e LXDE
    Change it to this by putting a # sign in front of that line
    Code:
    #exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE-pi -e LXDE
    Add another line below it that says this (with foo as example name):
    Code:
    exec /home/foo/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    CTRL X to save it.
    Reboot your system and hopefully it's working.

Adding different VU meter to Jivelite in M2P

Hi all,

I am in the process of evaluating Max2Play which includes Jivelite, and I like the overall look. However, the VU meter included in M2P is the "Logitech White" version and I want the "Kolossos Oval VU Meter". The M2P interface does not have the option to change the VU meter, is there anyway I can change it through the terminal window?

JiveLite on Orange Pi one at 1920x1080

Thank you for this wonderful job.

I use LMS since years and have done plenty of things: change the clock and spdif output of the receiver, installed LMS on PC, then on Raspberry then on Orange Pi Zero (8€ the Logitech Media Server faster than a Rasp V3!).

I am also an old user of PicorePlayer, since "the beginning" or something like that, tried with the awful 3.5" "audio" jack then go to an Hifiberry then tried a PCM2704 for 4€...

I installed last year JiveLite on the Raspberry Pi with the official screen and it is more or less the same as the Logitech Touch (I've one sample, of course) with a flawless usage.

Recently I managed to install JiveLite on an Orange Pi One. I use this card because I wanted to plug an I2S DAC and the Orange Pi Zero does not have the GPIO pin for that (also I am in China and it is 50% less expansive than a Rasp). Working like a charm.

Yesterday I've also connected a nice LCD screen grabbed from an old laptop (using a V56 card) to use it like a monitor for the Orange Pi One. My screen is 1920x1200 but after few settings it is not so bad (err... it's a wonderful LG LCD after all).

So with JiveLite using the 1920x1080 resolution, my wife and I we (re)discovered the great pleasure to see the sleeves of the records, many of them are real artwork. Thank you again for this piece of code!

Now, some questions:
    - I have deselected some options (like "Artwork") in the "NowPlaying" menu and then the options are no more here in the menu. Is there any way to see them back?
    - seems in the 1920x1080 some buttons (next previous volume+/-) are no more here when playing : is it a "functionality"?
    - vu meter and sound analyzer are not working (but maybe I have to install other stuff / libs?), any idea?
    - I installed JiveLite "the hard way": following the instructions on the first page, I knew that google code closed and I knew JiveLite was on github, so I changed the git clone address. But why do you not change the instructions directly on the first page of this thread?