Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Thanks Triode!

I had some problems building this on OSX. Until I figured out that "make
    -f Makefile.osx clean" (or simply "make clean") didn't clean thoroughly
    enough. I think it missed src/platform_osx.o. I'm not too familiar with
    the make file syntax, but I guess src/Makefile only reads its own SOURCES
    value, but not the one from Makefile.osx, from where it's called?

--

Michael
    I think there is a problem building if more libraries are added - which was the case with this update. I'll look at the make files.

Feel free to port an applet for it as I've not had any other responses to this yet.......

Announce: JiveLite - cut down squeezeboxcontrol application

> Feel free to port an applet for it as I've not had any other responses
    > to this yet.......

Heh... not my field of expertise: I haven't released a single applet yet.
    The only applet I wrote myself is a little applet to force a firmware
    update on some of those poor UESRs which wouldn't update otherwise. That's
    of little use in JiveLite :-).

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Feel free to port an applet for it as I've not had any other responses to this yet.......
    I've been using the Alsa Mixer applet on squeezeplay and thought it would be great to have it on my wandboard.

But it doesn't work on jivelite. The issue appears to be something with the pack/unpack implementation being used in the _parseAmixerOutput function.

I went through the list of lua language differences in post 149 and didn't find any obvious issues.

If I could get it to work I'd modify it to use the installer.

Ideas?

Also, could you be more specific on how to tell if the applet is running on jivelite vs squeezeplay?

Thanks,
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've been using the Alsa Mixer applet on squeezeplay and thought it would be great to have it on my wandboard.

But it doesn't work on jivelite. The issue appears to be something with the pack/unpack implementation being used in the _parseAmixerOutput function.

I went through the list of lua language differences in post 149 and didn't find any obvious issues.

If I could get it to work I'd modify it to use the installer.

Ideas?

Also, could you be more specific on how to tell if the applet is running on jivelite vs squeezeplay?

Thanks,
    Not looked at what is does, but does this help:

Code:
    --- a/AMixerApplet.lua
    +++ b/AMixerApplet.lua
    @@ -508,7 +508,7 @@ end

function pack(...)
    -    return arg
    +    return {...}
     end

function string:split(sSeparator, nMax, bRegexp)
    @@ -568,7 +568,7 @@ function _parseAmixerOutput(self, file)
                            return
                    end
                    local r =  pack(string.match(tmp, regexp))
    -        len = table.getn(r)
    +        len = #r
                    if opt and len == 0 then
                            last = tmp
                    else
    http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/ - there's no getn method to table in the standard lua syntax. I think this was lua 5.0.
    Last edited by Triode; 2013-11-28 at 13:32.

Waking from screen saver

Hi Triode

Thanks very much for Jivelite, really appreciate it. It's amazing. I was having all sorts of difficulties getting SqueezePlay happening and JiveLite was easy from the word go.

My little project is to put jivelite on a pi with a small touchsreen - essentially to make a Squeezebox Touch. At the moment I'm mucking about on a PC with debian.

I noticed you'd taken the clock screensaver out and have been able to put that back in by adding Clock back into the applets directory.

When i use either the clock or blank screensaver, if I hit the soft power button, the app won't wake back up when i click on the window; it just stays on the screen saver. I've been able to add some debug comments to the lua code in other places, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to know where to start looking for this.

Could you give me any clues as to where a click on the window might be captured, so I can make an attempt at tracing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Not looked at what is does, but does this help:

http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/ - there's no getn method to table in the standard lua syntax. I think this was lua 5.0.
    Yes it does!

Works on Squeezeplay too so there's no need to check which controller it's running on.

Thanks Triode.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Wall Mounted Jivelite through Small USB Display

All:

I've been enjoying the Jivelite/Squeezeplay combination for a while. I've used a RaspberryPi, a 7" wall-mounted USB display and Jivelite to create a credible substitute for the old SqueezeTouch. I put together a full tutorial at http://www.instructables.com/id/Wall...-Raspberry-Pi/. Much of the specialized code needed to run the USB display and compile Jivelite on Arch is at https://github.com/ggalt/RaspberryArch. I've also done a short video at http://youtu.be/ew23-aYNbD0.

I hope you all enjoy it.

George

Quote Originally Posted by gbuilder View Post
    Hi I have a raspberry pi connected to a 2.8" TFT LCD through SPI. It is working with the console displayed on the device from boot. I can run X or use the framebuffer for mplayer etc.

So far, I haven't been able to get JiveLite to run on the TFT, I just get a black screen. Jivelite is working fine if I plug in a HDMI display.
    EDIT: I can also get jivelite running from inside X, just can't get it to run from the main console.

I wonder if anyone has had any joy getting Jivelite on an SPI connected display? Can I tell it which display to use, or does it only work with HDMI?

The target application is a standalone player (squeezelite) with the LCD built into the front panel.

Thanks

George
    Hi George,

Over here I have a Raspberry pi with an 2.2" (320x240) screen and JiveLite (finaly) up and running.

Steps:
    1) Hacked the WQVGAsmallSkin to run on 320x240 (copied the folder and renamed it to LCDSkin and editted the applet)
    2) Setup the screen on a HDMI device
    3) Let PI login automatic when the Pi starts
    4) at the end of .bashrc (in /home/pi) added the line
    Code:
    sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /home/pi/jivelite/bin/jivelite &
    ToDo:
    - Better is to create a new user for this action because when I ssh to the pi the last line in .bashrc is executed again
    - finetune the new skin, resize imagefiles
    - add buttons and a rotary encoder to emulate keystrokes with pikeyd (the universal keyboard deamon)

Tried to add a zip with the skin, but I think the zip is to big, so I only added the .lua files to the zip. Unzip the LCDSkin to jivelite/share/jive/applets, copy the image-folder from WQVGAsmallSkin inside the LCDSkin-folder.

Succes!

Cheers,
    Kees
    Attached Files Attached Files

Running jivelite in the HDGrid skin I'm seeing bad icons for the Radios. Is this a known issue?

Name:  2013-12-13 09.20.27.jpg
Views: 1914
Size:  90.4 KB

Looks like the applet wasn't compatible with the grid mode, but using grid size icons for the radio only or something?
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Running jivelite in the HDGrid skin I'm seeing bad icons for the Radios. Is this a known issue?

Name:  2013-12-13 09.20.27.jpg
Views: 1914
Size:  90.4 KB

Looks like the applet wasn't compatible with the grid mode, but using grid size icons for the radio only or something?
    Fixed - looks like the grid skin had a non resized image rather than the resized one. This skin still needs more work but I'd be grateful of more bug reports which prove people are using it!