Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    It still could be the mobile since Squeeze Player may use a different decoder. I know it uses a separate native code decoder for some formats, but I'm not sure if it uses that for mp3 instead of the system's built-in decoder.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Well, given that the mobile plays the file just fine on its own, that Squeeze Player does too, and SB Player doesn't, it seems it really is down to SBP.

In the total scheme of things it is a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    Well, given that the mobile plays the file just fine on its own, that Squeeze Player does too, and SB Player doesn't, it seems it really is down to SBP.

In the total scheme of things it is a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless.

R.
    Just tried the files you sent again on a different server with SBP running on an old Galaxy Nexus using Android 4.4.

Initially it did not work until I enabled emulate 192Khz. It turns out I forgot to install the LAME mp3 encoder on the server. So when SBP set to output 44.1Khz without "Emulate 192Khz" enabled, the server was trying to transcode the mp3, but couldn't because the encoder wasn't installed.

Not sure if this applies to you, but did you try enabling "Emulate 192Khz Support" in SBP?
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Hi

Does this app support CLI connect and disconnect command ? I want to be able to change my LMS server without playing with app settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
    Hi

Does this app support CLI connect and disconnect command ? I want to be able to change my LMS server without playing with app settings.
    Yes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

hi guys,
    i recently bought SB Player for using it on my android TV Box.

My problem:
    When i wake my box, SB Player seems to not running, i can't see it as a squeezebox player in Squeeze control. I ve got to launch it ( so turn on the tv etc...)
    Yet i check the "running background box"

is there a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by stban1983 View Post
    hi guys,
    i recently bought SB Player for using it on my android TV Box.

My problem:
    When i wake my box, SB Player seems to not running, i can't see it as a squeezebox player in Squeeze control. I ve got to launch it ( so turn on the tv etc...)
    Yet i check the "running background box"

is there a solution?
    There is no "running background box" only "Launch in background" boxes and it only affects what happens when you launch the app in different situations.

SB Player always runs in the background.

First thing you should check is if your TV Box has settings that affects background apps when the TV Box sleeps. Maybe the device cuts its network connections when it sleeps.

Second, in SB Player Settings > General, try setting Max Retry to Infinite.
    --------------