Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Hi wt0,
    is there a way to start SB Player automatically on startup? I would like to run my TV Stick "headless" just as SqueezeBox audio sink so this would be quite convenient.

There's apps to do this I.e. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.autostart

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Does it do gapless playback?

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    Does it do gapless playback?
    Yes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Does SB player run on the Amazon Fire TV? From what I understand, it runs a variant of Android 4.4.2 KitKat that's heavily modded by Amazon.

I have one on pre-order here in Germany and am very interested about this. If you expect SB Player to run, how would I go about purchasing and installing it? It's my understanding that it's somewhat tricky to install the Google Play Store on the FTV. (Of course, I found infos on various forums about installing APKs on the FTV, I just read that the Play Store is one of the harder things to get running.)

Quote Originally Posted by dafiend View Post
    Does SB player run on the Amazon Fire TV? From what I understand, it runs a variant of Android 4.4.2 KitKat that's heavily modded by Amazon.

I have one on pre-order here in Germany and am very interested about this. If you expect SB Player to run, how would I go about purchasing and installing it? It's my understanding that it's somewhat tricky to install the Google Play Store on the FTV. (Of course, I found infos on various forums about installing APKs on the FTV, I just read that the Play Store is one of the harder things to get running.)

See below.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2014-09-06 at 00:51.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by dafiend View Post

It runs fine on the FireTV, someone has tried it already. SB Player is actually already on the Amazon App Store for 3rd gen Kindles and the Fire phone and I'm in the process of the getting it approved for the FireTV. So far Amazon has been stupidly picky about very minor issues for the FireTV approval process. I've fixed the UI issues they've complained about, but the latest complaint has been that it couldn't connect to MySqueezebox.com. SB Player has a permanent "MySqueezebox.com" entry in the saved server list, so I guess they think that it is primary feature.

I've been trying to tell them that MySqueezebox.com is a site that may sometimes be reachable for a variety of reasons and that it is only an optional feature, but the testers just can't seem to grasp that concept.

Sidenote: The person who tested it was able to do so because I created a beta-test version in the amazon app store and added that person as a tester.
    Last edited by wt0; 2014-09-06 at 00:54.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Ha. Sounds like Apple testing in the early days. They eventually learned about it....
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Ha. Sounds like Apple testing in the early days. They eventually learned about it....
    Yeah kind of reminds of the early webOS days too, though it wasn't quite this bad. I still remember my Boom blasting music at random times cause I had to give them a server to test Squeeze Control and I hadn't added MySb support yet.
    --------------

Well, these days Apple demands videos of everything which can also be pretty bad if you've got a lot of functionality. Only for new Apps, though. Updates these days are quite relaxed, they've got automated testing for everything they really care about and the rest is really "if there are many user complaints we might look more carefully but otherwise it's probably fine".
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch