Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 291 to 299 of 299
  1. #291
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto area, Canada
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    It still could be the mobile since Squeeze Player may use a different decoder. I know it uses a separate native code decoder for some formats, but I'm not sure if it uses that for mp3 instead of the system's built-in decoder.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Well, given that the mobile plays the file just fine on its own, that Squeeze Player does too, and SB Player doesn't, it seems it really is down to SBP.

    In the total scheme of things it is a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless.

    R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

  2. #292
    Senior Member wt0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    Well, given that the mobile plays the file just fine on its own, that Squeeze Player does too, and SB Player doesn't, it seems it really is down to SBP.

    In the total scheme of things it is a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless.

    R.
    Just tried the files you sent again on a different server with SBP running on an old Galaxy Nexus using Android 4.4.

    Initially it did not work until I enabled emulate 192Khz. It turns out I forgot to install the LAME mp3 encoder on the server. So when SBP set to output 44.1Khz without "Emulate 192Khz" enabled, the server was trying to transcode the mp3, but couldn't because the encoder wasn't installed.

    Not sure if this applies to you, but did you try enabling "Emulate 192Khz Support" in SBP?
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

  3. #293
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    222
    Hi

    Does this app support CLI connect and disconnect command ? I want to be able to change my LMS server without playing with app settings.

  4. #294
    Senior Member wt0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
    Hi

    Does this app support CLI connect and disconnect command ? I want to be able to change my LMS server without playing with app settings.
    Yes.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

  5. #295
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    hi guys,
    i recently bought SB Player for using it on my android TV Box.

    My problem:
    When i wake my box, SB Player seems to not running, i can't see it as a squeezebox player in Squeeze control. I ve got to launch it ( so turn on the tv etc...)
    Yet i check the "running background box"

    is there a solution?

  6. #296
    Senior Member wt0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by stban1983 View Post
    hi guys,
    i recently bought SB Player for using it on my android TV Box.

    My problem:
    When i wake my box, SB Player seems to not running, i can't see it as a squeezebox player in Squeeze control. I ve got to launch it ( so turn on the tv etc...)
    Yet i check the "running background box"

    is there a solution?
    There is no "running background box" only "Launch in background" boxes and it only affects what happens when you launch the app in different situations.

    SB Player always runs in the background.

    First thing you should check is if your TV Box has settings that affects background apps when the TV Box sleeps. Maybe the device cuts its network connections when it sleeps.

    Second, in SB Player Settings > General, try setting Max Retry to Infinite.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

  7. #297

    SB player and Chromebook

    I've a Chromebook with Android app support. Anyone got SB player running on a Chromebook. Problem is the connection with the wifi.
    LMS (latest nightly) on Windows 10 as a Server (and Raspberry PiCoreplayer as backup LMS)
    Squeexebox Touch
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Classic
    Picoreplayer's

  8. #298
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15

    nVidia Shield

    Quote Originally Posted by kllngtme View Post
    First off, thank you so much for the app! It's great to finally have a squeezebox player hooked up to my TV (via a Nvidia Shield Android TV).

    It works great! I have one question though in regards to this player being on such a beefy piece of hardware. Is it possible to allow visualizations of some sort on the screen that would match the music playing?

    Thanks again for your app!
    How well does this work on a nVidia Shield?
    Can you leave it running in the background 24/7 and just "use it" whenever you want, or do you have to start it up each time?
    Can it be used with the TV off?

    My SB Receiver recently died, so I am considering options. I have thought about setting up a Pi with a USB DAC, but I have been thinking about getting a Shield anyway, so that combo might be even better.

    TIA

  9. #299
    Senior Member wt0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoet View Post
    How well does this work on a nVidia Shield?
    Can you leave it running in the background 24/7 and just "use it" whenever you want, or do you have to start it up each time?
    Can it be used with the TV off?

    My SB Receiver recently died, so I am considering options. I have thought about setting up a Pi with a USB DAC, but I have been thinking about getting a Shield anyway, so that combo might be even better.

    TIA
    I've tested it on a shield and it works fine, but I haven't done a 24/7 test.. Yes it can be used with the TV off, you need to turn off the option to pause the player when the TV turns off. If you're gonna get a shield anyway, there's really no harm in trying it before you build the Pi.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •