Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

cheap micro speaker with USB audio anyone ?

I'm thinking of adding a secondary audio out to my machine running squeezeslave.
    I can add a second USB card, but I though something like X-mini, but with both USB power and USB audio might do the trick ?
    Inexpensive is nice. I don't want bluetooth (no need and seems expensive.) The speaker just needs to be able to reproduce voice at reasonable volume. Musical quality is not really a question.

Any ideas ?
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Quote Originally Posted by epoch1970 View Post
    I'm thinking of adding a secondary audio out to my machine running squeezeslave.
    I can add a second USB card, but I though something like X-mini, but with both USB power and USB audio might do the trick ?
    Inexpensive is nice. I don't want bluetooth (no need and seems expensive.) The speaker just needs to be able to reproduce voice at reasonable volume. Musical quality is not really a question.

Any ideas ?
    Don't know what your budget is and they're not really micro-sized but I have a set of these, which I've found surprisingly good in my limited listening:

http://www.qb-series.com/qsb.html
    Living Room: SB3 -> Musical Fidelity X-DAC V3 -> Marantz PM-66SE --> Tannoy Profile 631SE
    Bedroom: Boom
    Study: Squeezeplay on Joggler
    Kitchen: Squeezeplay on Joggler

Dave
    www.last.fm/user/david_f1976

Quote Originally Posted by david_f1976 View Post
    Don't know what your budget is and they're not really micro-sized but I have a set of these, which I've found surprisingly good in my limited listening:

http://www.qb-series.com/qsb.html
    Thanks!
    (they look a bit "too nice" for what I had in mind…)
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.