Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

WD MyBookLive Upgrade firmware - scary!

My Squeezebox system based on the server running on the WD Nas has worked brilliantly for quite some time. I have three players (bedroom, living room and kitchen) and all my CD:s are now in flac format on the NAS.

The problems began when an Ipad enterede the mix and I wanted to be able to play my music on this gizmo. To get the Ipad to access the NAS I found that a firmware upgrade on the NAS was required. No big deal - click here kind of thing.

I thought. BUT - the WD firmware upgrade wiped the Squeezebox server off the system and reinstated twonky.

Wow I was glad that the info in this forum on how to get Squeezebox server running on the Wd MyBookLive was available. I had to stop Twonky and to a full reinstall of Squeezebox server. Re-index all the music and find all the favourite radio stations I had setup.

Glad when it finally worked again. Took a couple of hours.

Btw - Does anyone know of a better ssh program than "Putty" which I am currently using? It generally works fine but it would be neat if I could paste in the instructions instead of having to key them all in (using correct cases shift - this is unix...). I managed to mis-spell the "http://downloads..." string a few times before I got it right.
    Squeezebox Duet Yamaha 5.1 Rcvr Dali Zensor 7 + Zensor Vokal, Squeezebox Radio, (2nd) Squeezebox Duet Technics Rcvr B&O S45 Speakers. WD MyBookLive 1tb NAS.

While you are in Putty, press the Up and Down arrow keys to recall previously entered commands.

http://www.cryptoterm.com/index.php?...mid=77&lang=en

Cryptoterm works well and I can paste in commands rather than type.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

You definitely can paste into Putty. I can't remember how exactly but think it might be with right click.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by aolsson View Post

Btw - Does anyone know of a better ssh program than "Putty" which I am currently using? It generally works fine but it would be neat if I could paste in the instructions instead of having to key them all in (using correct cases shift - this is unix...). I managed to mis-spell the "http://downloads..." string a few times before I got it right.
    idigo by ShadeBlue Software has a good terminal emulator that uses user defined libraries. Just create a list of commands into a library and then click on the command to send. It's great when bouncing between multiple devices each with their own command set. You can even enter variable into the stored commands so if a MAC address is needed for example in the command string you just define a variable, add it to your command's library entry and then just set the value for that variable for use during that session.

ctrl+shift v or c ? that works in many terminals
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Putty is "center-click" on your mouse, I believe. Though I'm sure that's changeable.
    1x SB1, 3x SB1g, 1x SB2, 1x SB3, 2x Booms

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobvfr400 View Post
    You definitely can paste into Putty. I can't remember how exactly but think it might be with right click.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    You are correct. Right-click pastes into Putty.