Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 1,491 to 1,496 of 1496
    I'm really sorry, but the wording of these recent posts immediately reminded me of ...

Sorry for any offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSwenson View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm here to announce that this project is not dead!
    You will need to buy a wandboard, this board and the case. The only assembly tool required is a screwdriver. The assembly consists of unscrewing the module from the wandboard, screwing it into the CSP1 board, sliding the board into the case and screwing in the back panel.

After some hiatus this project is going full steam again. I wish the thank Greg for taking over the "project coordination" for this and keeping things going.

John S.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSwenson View Post
    Community Squeeze, as a project for the Wandboard has ended. It is no more!

Do not purchase a Wandboard with the specific intention of installing a Community Squeeze HW on it. Community Squeeze is no longer available!

Ok, now I am totally confused.
    Two days ago John Swenson wrote a long post, saying the Project is not dead and that a kit for the Wandboard will be available and a day later the same John Swenson wrote the project is dead and that there will be no kit.

This after months of silence. So why make the first anoncement anyway? This is completely bizarre.

I had jumped on the wagon and bought a Wandboard at the very beginning of this project. Then suddenly it all ended up in drama.

So glad that Picoreplayer and SOA works. So actually there is no need for this kit / device or whatever you want to call it anymore.

Its alive / It's dead - all within a day, slighlty ridiculous.
    Last edited by Squeezemenicely; 2015-01-31 at 03:32.
    LMS 7.9.0 - 1470391720 on Pi2 (Max2play)
    Synology DS-414 NAS
    Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Boom, Squeezebox Radio, HifiBerry PicorePlayer
    Schiit - BIFROST AKM 4490 Dac
    Spotify Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
    I for one want to know what all these legal issues are. Because having spoken to a lawyer friend and described the situation as it is publicly known on these threads, he can't see what the so called legal issue is.

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe this. Hence I am asking questions on this thread, since the previous chap who gave up on CSOS for the same so-called reasons wouldn't reply.

You are doing yourselves no favours by not explaining what the alleged legal issues are.

EDIT: I suspect you have been patent trolled or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeezemenicely View Post
    Ok, now I am totally confused.
    Two days ago John Swenson wrote a long post, saying the Project is not dead and that a kit for the Wandboard will be available and a day later the same John Swenson wrote the project is dead and that there will be no kit.

This after months of silence. So why make the first anoncement anyway? This is completely bizarre.

I had jumped on the wagon and bought a Wandboard at the very beginning of this project. Then suddenly it all ended up in drama.

So glad that Picoreplayer and SOA works. So actually there is no need for this kit / device or whatever you want to call it anymore.

Its alive / It's dead - all within a day, slighlty ridiculous.
    Michael, if John or Greg has not already asked you to do this, and you are reading this, please, please, lock this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skip_pack View Post
    It would seem that the most provocative characteristic of these revelations is the name Community Squeeze. I would hope a path whose goals are consonant with those associated with that dreaded name will become apparent.

Skip
    In which case why wasn't that said in the first posting about there being a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    Michael, if John or Greg has not already asked you to do this, and you are reading this, please, please, lock this thread.
    John Swenson has edited his original post and removed the section asking for no posts here and for the thread to be closed. I therefore see no reason to close it. Also if a different version appear without the apparently toxic name "Community Squeeze" attached to it, I'd like to hear about it in this thread since I am subscribed to it. A link to a new thread for a new version would be sufficient, but it gets the attention of thread subscribers. Locking the thread prevents that kind of thing.

Why are you so keen for threads to be locked and all discussion stifled?

So could this project have continued if it had been called something other than Community Squeeze? Was it just the name or was it other issues? Seems rather strange and very sad, especially after all the work that was as put into the development.
    Main Source: Transporter
    Amp: Cyrus 8XPd QX
    Speakers: PMC twenty:23

CD/HDD Recorder: Alesis Masterlink ML-9600

http://www.last.fm/user/norderney1962