Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
    Quote Originally Posted by sjalloq View Post
    Tim, I am asking what does error 577 mean. :-)

The port and IP are correct. As I mentioned, my SB Classic is playing fine and I can browse to LMS at that address.
    It's not error 577, it's error at the 577th line of slimproto.c and it's a recv() on the communication's socket with the server (this is likley in the slimproto_run() function). Basically, the connection with the server is lost
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Ah, ok. Sorry. Been a long weekend. I had originally tried running without specifying the server, and specifying the server and no port, and neither worked for some reason which is why I ended up where I was. All seems happy now.

Quote Originally Posted by sjalloq View Post
    Tim, I am asking what does error 577 mean. :-)

The port and IP are correct. As I mentioned, my SB Classic is playing fine and I can browse to LMS at that address.
    That's a different port for web access etc. Try 3483.

Edit: Oh , I now see others have already said that and you've got it working. Good!
    Last edited by PasTim; 2017-10-30 at 02:22.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Hi everyone, I hope this post is in the right spot.

I've been tinkering with Squeezelite for Windows the past several days, I think it's great but have a few questions which I've been researching heavily.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro, and a Teac NT-503 DAC with Teac ASIO driver via USB, and am wanting to configure everything to get a bit perfect data stream to the DAC.

1. When I run the -l flag to list out the output devices, I see I have several devices.
    There are a couple devices listed as "Windows WASAPI", but if my understanding is correct, these run in Shared mode and are not bit perfect? (At least in the Windows version of squeezelite? Also, WASAPI is commonly thought of as being bit perfect, but I assume that's in exclusive mode with other media players?)

2. When I run squeezelite with the TEAC ASIO driver selected, it does run in exclusive mode which I believe is the direction I'm wanting to go in.
    My DAC only shows sampling rate (e.g. my music is all from redbook CDs, so my DAC displays 44.1khz), but it does not show bit depth (e.g. 16 bits). With a driver like ASIO selected, does squeezelite send the data in its original format in terms of both bit depth and sample rate (e.g. 16 bit, 44.1khz)? Or is there a chance it could be outputting at 24 or 32 bits? I know there's debate as to whether that would matter, but I'm genuinely curious from an academic standpoint about this

3. I do see output device options for "Windows WDM-KS", which seem to run in exlusive mode. Are these bit perfect, and do they have any pros/cons compared to WASAPI or ASIO?

4. When I run the -h flag to list out all the flags, I'm curious about the following:
    -a <l> Specify Portaudio params to open output device, l = target latency in ms
    -a <f> Specify sample format (16|24|32) of output file when using -o - to output samples to stdout (interleaved little endian only)

Since the Windows version of squeezelite uses portaudio, I'm assuming using -a only allows us to specify the latency value? Is specifying sample format (16|24|32) not applicable in this case? I wasn't sure how the -a flag worked...

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by SqueezeboxFan1 View Post
    Hi everyone, I hope this post is in the right spot.

I've been tinkering with Squeezelite for Windows the past several days, I think it's great but have a few questions which I've been researching heavily.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro, and a Teac NT-503 DAC with Teac ASIO driver via USB, and am wanting to configure everything to get a bit perfect data stream to the DAC.

1. When I run the -l flag to list out the output devices, I see I have several devices.
    There are a couple devices listed as "Windows WASAPI", but if my understanding is correct, these run in Shared mode and are not bit perfect? (At least in the Windows version of squeezelite? Also, WASAPI is commonly thought of as being bit perfect, but I assume that's in exclusive mode with other media players?)

2. When I run squeezelite with the TEAC ASIO driver selected, it does run in exclusive mode which I believe is the direction I'm wanting to go in.
    My DAC only shows sampling rate (e.g. my music is all from redbook CDs, so my DAC displays 44.1khz), but it does not show bit depth (e.g. 16 bits). With a driver like ASIO selected, does squeezelite send the data in its original format in terms of both bit depth and sample rate (e.g. 16 bit, 44.1khz)? Or is there a chance it could be outputting at 24 or 32 bits? I know there's debate as to whether that would matter, but I'm genuinely curious from an academic standpoint about this

3. I do see output device options for "Windows WDM-KS", which seem to run in exlusive mode. Are these bit perfect, and do they have any pros/cons compared to WASAPI or ASIO?

4. When I run the -h flag to list out all the flags, I'm curious about the following:
    -a <l> Specify Portaudio params to open output device, l = target latency in ms
    -a <f> Specify sample format (16|24|32) of output file when using -o - to output samples to stdout (interleaved little endian only)

Since the Windows version of squeezelite uses portaudio, I'm assuming using -a only allows us to specify the latency value? Is specifying sample format (16|24|32) not applicable in this case? I wasn't sure how the -a flag worked...

Thanks in advance!
    In windows the only option with squeezelite is portaudio, then you could choice any output device that portaudio recognize in your system. In your case I'll probably go for ASIO driver, if genuine.

Exlusive mode or not depends only on the driver (and settings) used. Squeezelite could list the same device with different options, like driver and mixer, I'll avoid ANY mixer.

Squeezelite output 16, 24 or 32 bit depending on the (driver) device capabilities, not the input format, internally it always works with 32 bit.

-a f works only when outptutting to stdout (-) not directly applicable to your TEAC.

Windows WDM-KS vs ASIO vs WASAPI, you could read a lot about that or just try by yourself.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    SB+, Klimo Merlino + Kent Gold, Monitor Audio Studio 20 Gold SE+, Klimo reference and DIS Interconnect.