Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Running multiple Spotifies from same account

I am running 3rd Party Spotify Application by Triode (version 2.2.10) and have set it up to my Spotify Premium account. And it works perfect as long as all my devices are syncronized!!!

However, once my family members decide to listen to differing spotify content at the same time (NOT syncronising the Squeezeboxes) the music is halted every 10 seconds. When I read the log I find a message stating that "existing streaming connection exists - killing". This error message disappears once my three Squeezeboxes are syncronized again.

Should I not be able to listen to different Spotify content on multiple devices at the same time when I have a Spotify Premium? What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Svend

Quote Originally Posted by Nyborg View Post
    I am running 3rd Party Spotify Application by Triode (version 2.2.10) and have set it up to my Spotify Premium account. And it works perfect as long as all my devices are syncronized!!!

Snip....

Should I not be able to listen to different Spotify content on multiple devices at the same time when I have a Spotify Premium? What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Svend
    No, I don't think you should be able to do that, in fact, with the official Spotify plugin you're not even able to listen to the same stream on multiple devices.
    But don't blame Logitech for this, it is Spotify that restricts us.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikael_b View Post
    No, I don't think you should be able to do that, in fact, with the official Spotify plugin you're not even able to listen to the same stream on multiple devices.
    But don't blame Logitech for this, it is Spotify that restricts us.

Mike
    Mike, thank you for your quick reply.

In that case I may have misinterpreted Spotify's statement to their Premium setting as they state "Listen on all your devices".

Will have to go back to my NAS stored music, where my family can stream the music they want asynchronous from each other...

Svend