Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    For a few dollars more, you can also run LMS on a Cubieboard or a Wandboard, if you're concerned about issues with Raspi (not that I've had any relating specifically to LMS).
    I looked up Cubieboard and the distributer is overseas so that may not be a cost-effective solution with the shipping cost. The Wanboard, or possibily beagleboard, look interesting as they have more power than the RaspberryPi. I could live with a little slowness in retrieving playlists, but I am more concerned about reliability. The crashing of TinyLMS was unacceptable.

My main concern is I do not know linux and the various variants of linix. (My last experience with Unix was about 20 years ago, and it was limited.) The squeezeplug site seems to have clear instructions for those without linux knowledge. Would squeezeplug work on Wanboard?

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    I looked up Cubieboard and the distributer is overseas so that may not be a cost-effective solution with the shipping cost. The Wanboard, or possibily beagleboard, look interesting as they have more power than the RaspberryPi. I could live with a little slowness in retrieving playlists, but I am more concerned about reliability. The crashing of TinyLMS was unacceptable.

My main concern is I do not know linux and the various variants of linix. (My last experience with Unix was about 20 years ago, and it was limited.) The squeezeplug site seems to have clear instructions for those without linux knowledge. Would squeezeplug work on Wanboard?

Squeezeplug is written for the Pi - someone would have to rewrite it for other boards.

Really, the Pi is pretty reliable ... works fine for me and 100s of others as a LMS server!
    Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
    Logitech Radio
    Logitech UE Smart Radio
    Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox speaker (mothballed)
    Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker
    O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
    IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox speaker - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker

Squeezeplug is written for the Pi - someone would have to rewrite it for other boards.

Really, the Pi is pretty reliable ... works fine for me and 100s of others as a LMS server!
    I happily had Squeezeboxserver, and later LMS, running on my Sheevaplug since December 2009. I had the fun of figuring out how to get it going (this was pre-Thomas and his wonderful Sheevaplug)...but after a couple of days playing I got it doing the business. It ran 24/7 very efficiently and without a bother since. While I was away for a few days in January, the Sheevaplug together with my router got hit by a power surge and gave up the ghost.

Luckily my daughter had given me a Raspberry Pi as part of a Christmas present (very generous lady:-))

Between the jigs and the reels, I did not have (I thought) the time to get the Pi running until this week. I had not used Squeezeplug before, so I envisaged a bit of digging and poking to figure out the Pi, connections etc and to get the LMS running on it. Not a bother: follow the instructions on Thomas' wiki http://www.squeezeplug.eu/wiki/index.php/SqueezePlug and you will have a Raspberry Pi singing sweet harmonies in less than an hour.

Well done Thomas for all the work on Squeezeplug - that's a superb package of wiki instructions and software. These are exciting times for Squeezebox users...Squeezeplug, Squeezelite, all the developers and collaborators on this site and now:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-be-interested
    Squeezebox Classic:2; Duet: 1; Boom:1; Touch:1; Wandboard Quad; Squeezelite.
    Server: Wandboard Quad with SoA; Raspberry Pi/Wolfson Card with Squeezeplug 7.06; (backup:Win 8 Pro 64 bit, Sheevaplug with Squeezeplug); iPeng, iPeng for Ipad, Orange Squeeze, Squeezepad, LMS Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0

Problems when installing SqueezeLite

After succesfully installed LMS on RPi, I've tried to install SqueezeLite on the same device. When installing, it can't find the LMS. Also the LMS can't find de SqueezeLie Player.
    How can I fix this problem? Or do I need to install SqueezeSlave in order to use it on the same device RPi with LMS?
    Last edited by blowk; 2013-03-18 at 06:14.

Quote Originally Posted by blowk View Post
    After succesfully installed LMS on RPi, I've tried to install SqueezeLite on the same device. When installing, it can't find the LMS. Also the LMS can't find de SqueezeLie Player.
    How can I fix this problem? Or do I need to install SqueezeSlave in order to use it on the same device RPi with LMS?
    How did you install? Using Squeezeplug?
    Logitech Radio
    Logitech UE Smart Radio
    Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox speaker (mothballed)
    Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker
    IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox speaker - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker

Yes, I've installed it with Squeezeplug. First installed LMS and this works. After this I tried to install SqueezeLite in the same setup window, but it didn't find LMS.

How did you install? Using Squeezeplug?

Yes, I've installed it with Squeezeplug. First installed LMS and this works. After this I tried to install SqueezeLite in the same setup window, but it didn't find LMS.
    You only need to install squeezelite as a separate program. It should appear as 'squeezelite' unless you changed the name during the setup.

Go to terminal - type 'top' - does squeezelite appear as a service in the list? Exit from top by q key.

We need to know if squeezelite is actually running.
    Logitech Radio
    Logitech UE Smart Radio

You only need to install squeezelite as a separate program. It should appear as 'squeezelite' unless you changed the name during the setup.

Go to terminal - type 'top' - does squeezelite appear as a service in the list? Exit from top by q key.

We need to know if squeezelite is actually running.

I've tried to un-install SqueezeLite first and the install it back. Now it found LMS. After installing I went back to LMS but it can't find SqeeuzeLite.
    In the terminal I typed 'top', but I only see sqeeuzeboxserver, but now squeezelite...

Is there anyhing else I can check?

I've tried to un-install SqueezeLite first and the install it back. Now it found LMS. After installing I went back to LMS but it can't find SqeeuzeLite.
    In the terminal I typed 'top', but I only see sqeeuzeboxserver, but now squeezelite...

Is there anyhing else I can check?
    If there's no squeezelite showing in top then it's not being started when you boot.

Try:

/usr/bin/squeezelite -z

at the terminal, then check with top - it should show up there.

You could put the line in /etc/rc.local

Code:
     /usr/bin/squeezelite -z
    That should start it at boot.
    Logitech Radio
    Logitech UE Smart Radio

If there's no squeezelite showing in top then it's not being started when you boot.

Try:

/usr/bin/squeezelite -z

at the terminal, then check with top - it should show up there.

You could put the line in /etc/rc.local

Code:
     /usr/bin/squeezelite -z
    That should start it at boot.
    Thank you for your help. Now I can see it run and it also start up at boot.
    I only need to fix to usb sound device and I'm ready to go.

Can I after installing SqueezeLite change the name, so I can see this name in LMS?
    Last edited by blowk; 2013-03-19 at 11:12.