Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Raspberry Pi and LMS Problem

Hello,

I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi. I successfully installed Squeezeplug version 5 and LMS. I hooked up my 1TB USB drive and I'm using an Edimax wireless USB for networking. I am running Squeezeslave to play the audio out of the onboard audio jack. At the moment I'm controlling it from my laptop.

Everything is working but sometimes certain files won't play back. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. For example:

- 24-bit/88.2kHz FLAC file, downloaded from HDTracks. Completely silent while playing through the Raspberry Pi. I open it on my laptop with Foobar2000 and there's no problem playing it.
    - 24-bit/96kHz FLAC file, ripped using Foobar2000 from a DVD-A disc. Again, plays fine in Foobar2000. On the RPi, there was a split second of audio before it skipped the track and went to the next one
    - 16-bit/44.1kHz FLAC file, made by ripping a CD. Plays fine on my laptop with Foobar2000

Again, this is somewhat random, because other tracks fitting those descriptions will play back. Is this a software or hardware issue?

AFAIK Squeezeslave does not play anything higher than 16-bit/44.1kHz

Triode recently introduced this alternative: Squeezelite
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ux-(alsa-only)
    Main: Receiver (Audiocom) -> Beresford Caiman+ (Gatorized) -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Receiver -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B
    Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD+ 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9.0 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D