Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Very helpful, thnx
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Interesting. Using the vortex box just for ripping was also my idea. Using a nas for storage and a pi for LMS. How did you hack the vortexbox?
    WHY?

Why build a computer or server just to rip CDs or DVDs? That makes no sense whatsoever when programs like dBpowerAmp are available and can direct the accurate rips wherever you want them to land! dBpowerAmp is also powerful and allows you to do great things. And it's many times cheaper the building a Vortexbox server and even if one has a PC laying around, again why, when there are so many Ripping Programs available?

Don't get me wrong, ALL my LMS Servers are either running VBA 2.3 or VBA 2.4. It is a great option for running PLEX and LMS at the same time and for auto ripping CDs, DVDs, and BluRays.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    WHY?

Why build a computer or server just to rip CDs or DVDs? That makes no sense whatsoever when programs like dBpowerAmp are available and can direct the accurate rips wherever you want them to land! dBpowerAmp is also powerful and allows you to do great things. And it's many times cheaper the building a Vortexbox server and even if one has a PC laying around, again why, when there are so many Ripping Programs available?

Don't get me wrong, ALL my LMS Servers are either running VBA 2.3 or VBA 2.4. It is a great option for running PLEX and LMS at the same time and for auto ripping CDs, DVDs, and BluRays.
    dbPoweramp is indeed great software but it requires a gui and some (limited) human input
    A headless VB requires nothing apart from the ability to put the disc in the drive.
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    dbPoweramp is indeed great software but it requires a gui and some (limited) human input
    A headless VB requires nothing apart from the ability to put the disc in the drive.
    Yes I understand, that is why it is called AUTO-ripping (I have six Vortexboxes, only two with optical drives). Many people that have an extra PC laying around that can be used as a donor target PC for a Vortexbox install probably have a Laptop they could use for ripping. And there is still interaction even with an auto-ripper because somebody has to feed it CDs (so IMHO might as well look at the tags real quick before clicking Rip).

I used dBpowerAmp for years on a Desktop and when the desktop got flaky, I bought an Asus Laptop for $139, installed dBpowerAmp and MakeMVK so I do all my ripping on the laptop now using an Ethernet connection to the Network. On a personal note, I am too anal about tagging and album artwork so I haven't ripped more then 20% of my collect with the vortexbox auto-ripper. I am a big fan of LMS, PLEX, and Tonido running on a Vortexbox.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive