Qobuz.com streaming plugin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Man in a van
    • Jan 2011

Well, just like the French Rugby team, Qobuz has a certain "je ne sais quoi"

I had it working earlier today, no problemo!

After a couple of hours I came back to LMS and it would not work, kept telling me to enter credentials.

After several fruitless efforts I had a light bulb moment and checked my e-mail.

Qobuz Customer support had responded to my query and reset my password !

Currently playing The Devine Comedy listen to....

ronnie.....sigh

Comment

• mherger
      Babelfish's Best Boy
      • Apr 2005

v1.600 - browser works

v1.600 introduces a minor new feature for classical music listeners: when browsing albums there's now an option to browse the works of an album (if available). On the album level you'll find a "Browse by works" option at the top.

(for those of you toying with LMS8 and the test repo: it's v1.910 there - but only available when browsing the Qobuz plugin, not in the My Music section)
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Daverz
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by mherger
        v1.600 introduces a minor new feature for classical music listeners: when browsing albums there's now an option to browse the works of an album (if available). On the album level you'll find a "Browse by works" option at the top.

(for those of you toying with LMS8 and the test repo: it's v1.910 there - but only available when browsing the Qobuz plugin, not in the My Music section)
        A really useful feature, thank you. Now one doesn't have to go to the Qobuz website to figure out which tracks belong to which works.

Comment

• mherger
          Babelfish's Best Boy
          • Apr 2005

> A really useful feature, thank you. Now one doesn't have to go to the
          > Qobuz website to figure out which tracks belong to which works.

What?!? You don't know this by heart?!? :-D

--

Michael
          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• Shozzer
            • Jan 2013

Very nice! I might have to consider shelling out again for a subscription. I take it that this is a Qobuz led development - i.e. not available with Spotty?

Comment

• mherger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

> Very nice! I might have to consider shelling out again for a
              > subscription. I take it that this is a Qobuz led development - i.e. not
              > available with Spotty?

I'm not aware of data in Spotify which would allow me to do this. Qobuz
              does provide "Work" titles.

--

Michael
              Michael

Comment

• Shozzer
                • Jan 2013

> Very nice! I might have to consider shelling out again for a
                > subscription. I take it that this is a Qobuz led development - i.e. not
                > available with Spotty?

I'm not aware of data in Spotify which would allow me to do this. Qobuz
                does provide "Work" titles.

--

Michael
                I rather thought as much. At the risk of holding this thread is there any possibility that Work could be integrated into LMS? Pardon my ignorance of these matters.

Comment

• mherger
                  Babelfish's Best Boy
                  • Apr 2005

> I rather thought as much. At the risk of holding this thread is there
                  > any possibility that Work could be integrated into LMS? Pardon my
                  > ignorance of these matters.

It would be major work. Feel free to submit a feature request on

--

Michael
                  Michael

Comment

• RobbH
                    • Jun 2017

This is much more than a minor update. Many thanks! However, I'm seeing an issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	qobuz_by_work.png
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1568381

As you can see, the last two entries point to the same work. The first entry, with a space between "No." and "1", contains movements 1 and 3. The second entry, with no space, contains the second movement. I suspect there is not much you can do if Qobuz is inconsistent with titles this way. I see the same thing in an album of Vivaldi's Four Seasons: every concerto has two entries, with the first two movements in the first entry, and the third movement in the second.
                    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players. Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

• Shozzer
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by RobbH
                      This is much more than a minor update. Many thanks! However, I'm seeing an issue.

[ATTACH]29767[/ATTACH]

As you can see, the last two entries point to the same work. The first entry, with a space between "No." and "1", contains movements 1 and 3. The second entry, with no space, contains the second movement. I suspect there is not much you can do if Qobuz is inconsistent with titles this way. I see the same thing in an album of Vivaldi's Four Seasons: every concerto has two entries, with the first two movements in the first entry, and the third movement in the second.
                      Yes, I saw it with Vivaldi as well. As it is Qobuz who supply the naming then there is nothing that LMS can do about it I am sure. With a catalogue the size that it is I don't suppose amendments will filter through very quickly.

Comment

• RobbH
                        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Shozzer
                        Yes, I saw it with Vivaldi as well. As it is Qobuz who supply the naming then there is nothing that LMS can do about it I am sure. With a catalogue the size that it is I don't suppose amendments will filter through very quickly.
                        So far, I see inconsistencies in white space, as in this case, and inconsistencies with capitalization. It might be possible to work around both of those, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. With the Vivaldi that I saw, the situation is much worse: the composer's catalog numbers are inconsistent. The first movement of the Spring concerto, for instance, is listed as "RV.269", while the other two are "R.269". Only Qobuz can fix that, and I don't expect that to happen.
                        Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players. Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

• mherger
                          Babelfish's Best Boy
                          • Apr 2005

> As you can see, the last two entries point to the same work. The first
                          > entry, with a space between "No." and "1", contains movements 1 and 3.
                          > The second entry, with no space, contains the second movement. I suspect

Unfortunately this indeed is a data problem. That's the works names I
                          get. I could probably mitigate some of the problems by ignoring
                          whitespace etc. But that would come at a certain risk of potentially
                          grouping what doesn't belong together, and wouldn't fix all cases.

--

Michael
                          Michael

Comment

• mherger
                            Babelfish's Best Boy
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by RobbH

[ATTACH]29767[/ATTACH]

This problem actually is the same (or similar) on Qobuz.com:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-18 um 06.56.19.png
Views:	1
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1568385

It's probably worse in my implementation as I don't keep the overall order, but group by name. But anyway. It's on their end.
                            Michael

Comment

• mherger
                              Babelfish's Best Boy
                              • Apr 2005

v2.0.0 - Library integration with LMS8

Qobuz plugin v2 comes with support for the library integration feature for the upcoming LMS 8. This will allow you to browse your Qobuz favourites as part of your own music collection.

Please note that LMS 8 still is under development. If you feel adventurous, then go install it from the usual source of nightly builds. But please be prepared to update often - and to see the random issue here and there.
                              Michael

Comment

• RobbH
                                • Jun 2017

This problem actually is the same (or similar) on Qobuz.com:

It's probably worse in my implementation as I don't keep the overall order, but group by name. But anyway. It's on their end.
                                It looks like you are ignoring space and case in version 2.0.0, which helps with many of these issues. Thank you! There's certainly nothing you can do when Qobuz uses different wording for the same title.

Comment

Working...