Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 329 of 331 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331 LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3307
    Quote Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post
    Would be great if Ralphy could incorporate the function into the squeezelite master branch . I think it's worth it.
    I have the daphile full dsd patch refactored to apply against my current master branch.

Unfortunately, applying it to MASTER causes squeezelite builds to fail on many linux distributions and I don't have any DSD capable DACs with which to test it.

It's attached for you to play with. Have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

This just sounded like a Dejavu.

Thx I'll try it.

Just compiled it.

On ArchLinux for PI3 with 4.9.58 kernel and latest squeezelite-git it works.

Just started a DSD256 track in native mode.

Sounds OK to me.

That was easy.

Thx a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I have the daphile full dsd patch refactored to apply against my current master branch.

Unfortunately, applying it to MASTER causes squeezelite builds to fail on many linux distributions and I don't have any DSD capable DACs with which to test it.

It's attached for you to play with. Have fun!
    Are they the ones I've sent to you?

If so, I think they just work fine in any linuix I tried, wich one fails?
    __________________________________________________ __________
    SB+, Klimo Merlino + Kent Gold, Monitor Audio Studio 20 Gold SE+, Klimo reference and DIS Interconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    Are they the ones I've sent to you?

If so, I think they just work fine in any linuix I tried, wich one fails?
    Yes, the original patch came from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ma...-support.patch however it no longer applies cleanly.

The modified patch file which worked for soundcheck (thanks for confirming it works okay) does not compile on debian 7 as libasound is too old and doesn't include all the DSD formats in the headers.
    Code:
    $ dpkg -l libasound2
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name                     Version           Architecture      Description
    +++-========================-=================-=================-=====================================================
    ii  libasound2:i386          1.0.25-4          i386              shared library for ALSA applications
    Code:
    cc -Wall -fPIC -O2 -DRESAMPLE -DVISEXPORT -DIR -DGPIO -DDSD  output_alsa.c -c -o output_alsa.o
    output_alsa.c: In function 'alsa_open':
    output_alsa.c:400:17: error: 'SND_PCM_FORMAT_DSD_U8' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output_alsa.c:400:17: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    output_alsa.c:402:17: error: 'SND_PCM_FORMAT_DSD_U16_LE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output_alsa.c:404:17: error: 'SND_PCM_FORMAT_DSD_U16_BE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output_alsa.c:406:17: error: 'SND_PCM_FORMAT_DSD_U32_LE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output_alsa.c:408:17: error: 'SND_PCM_FORMAT_DSD_U32_BE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    make: *** [Makefile:87: output_alsa.o] Error 1
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Yes, the original patch came from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ma...-support.patch however it no longer applies cleanly.

The modified patch file which worked for soundcheck (thanks for confirming it works okay) does not compile on debian 7 as libasound is too old and doesn't include all the DSD formats in the headers.
    Code:
    $ dpkg -l libasound2
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name                     Version           Architecture      Description
    +++-========================-=================-=================-=====================================================
    ii  libasound2:i386          1.0.25-4          i386              shared library for ALSA applications
    Code:
    cc -Wall -fPIC -O2 -DRESAMPLE -DVISEXPORT -DIR -DGPIO -DDSD  output_alsa.c -c -o output_alsa.o
    output_alsa.c: In function 'alsa_open':
    output_alsa.c:400:17: error: 'SND_PCM_FORMAT_DSD_U8' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output_alsa.c:400:17: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    output_alsa.c:402:17: error: 'SND_PCM_FORMAT_DSD_U16_LE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output_alsa.c:404:17: error: 'SND_PCM_FORMAT_DSD_U16_BE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output_alsa.c:406:17: error: 'SND_PCM_FORMAT_DSD_U32_LE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    output_alsa.c:408:17: error: 'SND_PCM_FORMAT_DSD_U32_BE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    make: *** [Makefile:87: output_alsa.o] Error 1
    You are rigth, is not supposed to work with ALSA < 1.0.28.
    Last edited by marcoc1712; 2017-10-27 at 15:42.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    SB+, Klimo Merlino + Kent Gold, Monitor Audio Studio 20 Gold SE+, Klimo reference and DIS Interconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    You are rigth, is not supposed to work with ALSA < 1.0.28.
    @Ralphy
    Can't you just add the DSDNative patch and a README to the sources git - a patches directory !??!
    The README would say:

Applies to ALSA>1.0.29
    Apply:
    cat ./patches/squeezelite-dsdnative.patch | patch -p0

At least we'd have it at a central place. And it could be maintained.
    Last edited by soundcheck; 2017-10-29 at 01:24.

@Ralphy

I just saw that there are several other patches kept under ./scripts already.

Why can't you just upload the dsd-patch !?!?

It would make life much easier to handle the patch - while using your git tree.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post
    @Ralphy

I just saw that there are several other patches kept under ./scripts already.

Why can't you just upload the dsd-patch !?!?

It would make life much easier to handle the patch - while using your git tree.

Thx
    I meant to do that the first time you asked but got side tracked.

Done
    Ralphy

That's great.

Thx.