Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 114 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2524
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    It isn't absolutely essential for squeezelite to lock memory or run the output thread at a higher priority.

If you want to give the squeezeserver user privileges to be able to do so. Create /etc/security/limits.d/99-squeezeserver.conf

Code:
    squeezeserver   -  rtprio    50
    squeezeserver   -  memlock    unlimited
    Thanks JackOfAll,

I've tried your solution for realtime scheduling using PAM with no luck I'm afraid. I also tried the solution drafted in this post: http://www.jackaudio.org/linux_rt_config

From what I can understand this has something to do with the use of a kernel that has the option RT_GROUP_SCHED enabled, and now I'm in way over my head.

I'll try do do some read-up on this (found the broken wiki link), but I think it's strange if this is an unusal "error" as I'm using a very default distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by tobia5 View Post
    From what I can understand this has something to do with the use of a kernel that has the option RT_GROUP_SCHED enabled, and now I'm in way over my head.
    If you don't get the "errors" running as root, you have a preemptible kernel. So it is a config issue. Whatever user is used to run squeeselite when started as local player does not have rt privs.

Add your user/login to the audio group. Add /etc/security/limits.d/99-audio.conf

Code:
    @audio   -  rtprio    50
    @audio   -  memlock    unlimited
    Log out. Log back in. (If you are running an X session, log out and start a new one. If ssh, log out and back in again, otherwise it wont pick up the settings.) Run "ulimit -a". Does it say "real-time priority = 50"? Does it say, "max locked memory = unlimited"?

Stop LocalPlayer Plugin. Run "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/LocalPlayer/Bin/squeezelite-i386 -o hw:CARD=C10,DEV=0 -d all=debug" from the comand line. Do you see the errors?

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Triode,

I compiled SqueezeLite on a RK3066 (arhmf) based device, but I am also getting a segment fault error.

I have all the logs here
    https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5163437

here is the summary of phpsysinfo
    Kernel Version 3.0.8+ (SMP) armv7l
    Distro Name Ubuntu 12.10

ARDWARE INFORMATION
    Processors
    CPU Speed: 1.63 GHz
    CPU Speed: 1.63 GHz
    USB Devices
    (2x) Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    (2x) NEC Corp. HighSpeed Hub
    Creative Technology, Ltd SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit External SB0490
    Primax Electronics, Ltd HP Optical Mouse
    Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
    SimpleTech SP-U25/120G

Physical Memory
    Free 42.58 MiB Used 800.58 MiB Total 843.16 MiB

Kernel + applications 70% 582.55 MiB
    Buffers 3% 20.15 MiB
    Cached 24% 197.88 MiB

Can you please get me in the right direction for troubleshooting?
    Don't see a segfault in the logs? As you compilied it yourself can you run with gdb to find where it crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    If you don't get the "errors" running as root, you have a preemptible kernel. So it is a config issue. Whatever user is used to run squeeselite when started as local player does not have rt privs.

Add your user/login to the audio group. Add /etc/security/limits.d/99-audio.conf

Code:
    @audio   -  rtprio    50
    @audio   -  memlock    unlimited
    Log out. Log back in. (If you are running an X session, log out and start a new one. If ssh, log out and back in again, otherwise it wont pick up the settings.) Run "ulimit -a". Does it say "real-time priority = 50"? Does it say, "max locked memory = unlimited"?

Stop LocalPlayer Plugin. Run "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/LocalPlayer/Bin/squeezelite-i386 -o hw:CARD=C10,DEV=0 -d all=debug" from the comand line. Do you see the errors?
    Thank you again,

Did just what you proposed and I got no errors. Then I tried to add 'squeezeboxserver' to the audio group, but then I still have the "error". Any other group memberships for 'squeezeboxserver' I should look at? Does 'nogroup' have anything to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Don't see a segfault in the logs? As you compilied it yourself can you run with gdb to find where it crashes?
    I recompiled with debugging symbols. Here is what I get when running using gdb

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    Using host libthread_db library "/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".
    [New Thread 0x40033470 (LWP 2428)]
    [New Thread 0x4535b470 (LWP 2429)]
    [Thread 0x4535b470 (LWP 2429) exited]
    [New Thread 0x40b6e470 (LWP 2430)]
    [New Thread 0x4535b470 (LWP 2431)]
    [New Thread 0x40d23470 (LWP 2432)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    [Switching to Thread 0x40d23470 (LWP 2432)]
    0x40bd1760 in mad_layer_III () from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libmad.so.0

(gdb) backtrace
    #0 0x40bd1760 in mad_layer_III () from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libmad.so.0
    #1 0x00000000 in ?? ()

seems like a crash in libmad... I'll try to do additional research unless you have a quick solution?

I recompiled with debugging symbols. Here is what I get when running using gdb

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    Using host libthread_db library "/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".
    [New Thread 0x40033470 (LWP 2428)]
    [New Thread 0x4535b470 (LWP 2429)]
    [Thread 0x4535b470 (LWP 2429) exited]
    [New Thread 0x40b6e470 (LWP 2430)]
    [New Thread 0x4535b470 (LWP 2431)]
    [New Thread 0x40d23470 (LWP 2432)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    [Switching to Thread 0x40d23470 (LWP 2432)]
    0x40bd1760 in mad_layer_III () from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libmad.so.0

(gdb) backtrace
    #0 0x40bd1760 in mad_layer_III () from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libmad.so.0
    #1 0x00000000 in ?? ()

seems like a crash in libmad... I'll try to do additional research unless you have a quick solution?
    no - sorry - not seen it crash there before

no - sorry - not seen it crash there before
    I am researching the issue. It seems like this is a known bug in libmad (arm specific optimizations).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ad/+bug/989846

I am researching the issue. It seems like this is a known bug in libmad (arm specific optimizations).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ad/+bug/989846
    OK will leave you with this as it looks specific to that library and archiecture rather than anything in squeezelite.

OK will leave you with this as it looks specific to that library and archiecture rather than anything in squeezelite.
    Triode, I resolved the issue and will leave a trace here in case someone else encounters a segment fault error on these little devices that are becoming more and more popular (imagine a fully functional, FLAC capable, sub $45 assembly that can also act as a portable server).

The issue is resolved in the newest version of libmad, so I went ahead and re-compiled to the latest source with the help of a procedure that was written by user purch in the forum link below.
    http://www.solid-run.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1124

They have submitted the fix and it is in the next Ubuntu version only. Let's build it for our Ubuntu Quantal.
    Code:
    mkdir -p ~/build/libmad
    cd ~/build/libmad
    sudo apt-get install fakeroot dpkg-dev build-essential
    sudo apt-get source libmad0
    sudo apt-get build-dep libmad0
    sudo chown your_user.your_user libmad* -R
    dpkg-source -x libmad_0.15.1b-7ubuntu1.dsc
    cd libmad-0.15.1b/
    dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b
    sudo dpkg -i ../libmad0_0.15.1b-7ubuntu1_armhf.deb
    sudo apt-get hold libmad0
    sudo service mpd restart
    mpc update

I had to make some additional tweaks for my environment, but now I have SqueezeLite working!

Just done a total reinstall of Win7 64bit, LMS and SqueezeLite-win.

I'm STILL getting crazy clipping with all volumes at 100%. Bringing SqueezeLite to 99% volume via iPeng the clipping completely disappears.

I get no clipping with any of the other Squeeze players under Windows under the same circumstances.

Surely a problem inherit in SqueezeLite? Can someone try playing some heavily compressed (ie. modern) music under SqueezeLite-win with all volumes at 100%? Can't be just me.