Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Boom disassembly

I'm finally getting around to repairing the split surrounds on my Boom's drivers, and would really appreciate any tips / advice / experience from people who have taken the Boom apart. I have the white paper with the exploded schematic and photos of the Boom in various stages of disassembly, but I'm not 100% sure I can connect all the dots.

Since no one seems to have been able to locate replacement drivers, I'll be gluing / siliconing the speaker surrounds for my repair. One basic question: from the white paper photos it appears that I pretty much have to take it completely apart to remove the drivers -- true?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by aubuti; 2012-10-28 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    I'm finally getting around to repairing the split surrounds on my Boom's drivers, and would really appreciate any tips / advice / experience from people who have taken the Boom apart. I have the white paper with the exploded schematic and photos of the Boom in various stages of disassembly, but I'm not 100% sure I can connect all the dots.

Since no one seems to have been able to locate replacement drivers, I'll be gluing / siliconing the speaker surrounds for my repair. One basic question: from the white paper photos it appears that I pretty much have to take it completely apart to remove the drivers -- true?

Thanks in advance.
    Go to #97 on this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...g-Booms/page10