Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    Am I correct in my understanding that downloaded songs can't be played locally by a combination of Squeeze Ctrl and SB Player? You need a different app for local playback, right?
    Right.

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    Am I correct in my understanding that downloaded songs can't be played locally by a combination of Squeeze Ctrl and SB Player? You need a different app for local playback, right?
    Yes, that is correct. SB Player is essentially a Squeezebox, it can only play music streamed from a Squeezebox server.

Well.... there is probably a convoluted way to do it. If you run a SMB server on your device and share the music directory, you can add the network directory on your server. Then you'll be able to stream music from your phone through your server back to SB Player on your device.

Like I said, convoluted and probably kind of stupid
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Thanks for the answer to both of you. It's really too bad. I guess I'll need to stick with a dual Squeezeserver/Madsonic configuration, then.

I'm sure the answer is buried deep in this thread, but how does one save a whole album instead of just the current track playing to favourites. Is this even possible? I have all my music organised in folders and like to play albums stored in folders not just single tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by chopinhauer View Post
    I'm sure the answer is buried deep in this thread, but how does one save a whole album instead of just the current track playing to favourites. Is this even possible? I have all my music organised in folders and like to play albums stored in folders not just single tracks.
    You can save a full album to favourites by the path Home > My Music > Albums (or Artists > Albums etc.) > press and hold the "+" icon to the right of album title > from the pop-up > Save to Favourites.

But there appears to be no option to save a folder to favourites by the path Home > My Music > Music Folders.

It's not possible in the LMS web interface neither.

If your folders are not just one album per folder, you could play the complete folder, then from the Current playlist view you can make a playlist, then make the playlist a favourite.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

Hmm, not that easy, straightforward or even doable for someone like me with a vast library orgainised in music folders and sub-folders. The album route is doable but a pain. Thanks all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by chopinhauer View Post
    Hmm, not that easy, straightforward or even doable for someone like me with a vast library orgainised in music folders and sub-folders. The album route is doable but a pain. Thanks all the same.
    You said 'album', not 'folder'.

If the music is tagged properly, it should be easy. Even if you don't normally browse by artist or album, surely you can do so long enough for you to set the album as a favorite?

I just upgraded my smart watches (LG G Watch R and LG Watch Urbane) to Android Wear 2.0 and now the app stopped working on the watches. It's there in the apps menu, but it doesn't start at all. Any suggestions?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6 mit Tapatalk
    Current setup:
    • EEEBox, Xubuntu 14.04, LMS 7.9, FLAC
    • Duet > Pro-Ject DAC Box E > AKG Hearo 888 Titan (home office), Boom + Canton ASF 75 SC (master bedroom), Boom (master bathroom), 2 Radios (guest bathroom and garden deck), RPi3 + LibreELEC + XSqueeze > Samsung TV > NAD L53 > Mission 2.1 speakers (living room)
    • Transporter > vintage Wega Modul 42V amp (42E equalizer, 42T tape deck + Thorens TD 160 Mk II turntable) > Quadral Vulkan Mk II (music room)

Wear 2.0 apps are installed separately from the phone app. See if you can update the watch app. If you can't then uninstall the watch app and install it again from the play store.

Update
    Just realized I forgot to publish the Wear 2.0 specific version. The steps you need to go through to publish wear apps for both 1.0 and 2.0 are kind of convoluted. I don't think I can publish the Wear 2.0 app until I update the main app again. The Wear 1.0 app packaged with the latest version of the main app should work with Wear 2.0.

Update 2
    Looks like I CAN create a release that just adds the Wear 2.0 apk to the existing phone apk. I hope it works.
    Last edited by wt0; 2017-04-10 at 18:00.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

When I connect the app to mysqueezebox.com it doesn't find any players. It says something like "No players connected". But that's not true, i have two players connected to mysqueezebox.com.