Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

access through "music folder" problem

Hi,
    recently the behaviour when trying to access specific folders through the "Music Folder" option has changed, don't know in which version though. What happens is 1. click "Music Folder" 2. all folders and all files in the root folder are listed 3. clicking on another folder to further drill down just opens a pop-up with the root files, instead of going into that subfolder. It used to be different. Is that intentional, or could you please revert/fix that? :-)
    LMS 7.9 and 7.9.1, Pixel XL with 7.1.2
    Thanks,
    Markus

Quote Originally Posted by markus.schloesser View Post
    Hi,
    recently the behaviour when trying to access specific folders through the "Music Folder" option has changed, don't know in which version though. What happens is 1. click "Music Folder" 2. all folders and all files in the root folder are listed 3. clicking on another folder to further drill down just opens a pop-up with the root files, instead of going into that subfolder. It used to be different. Is that intentional, or could you please revert/fix that? :-)
    LMS 7.9 and 7.9.1, Pixel XL with 7.1.2
    Thanks,
    Markus
    That behavior is not correct, but I don't think it's a problem with the app. I think it's a glitch in the server. I have a test server with a bunch of music in the root folder and just two sub-folders and the "Music Folder" list in Squeeze Ctrl was not working correctly. A full rescan didn't help. So I moved a lot of the music into multiple sub-folders, did another full rescan, and "Music Folder" worked fine after that.

I think LMS either has problems with having a lot of music in the root folder, or some of the music had conflicting tags that were confusing the server. Incidentally after moving the music into sub-folders, the rescan ran a lot faster, which kind of confirms that problem was with having all the music in the root folder.

If you don't have a lot of music in the root folder, try just doing a full rescan.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Annouce: Squeeze Control,a squeezebox remote app, is now available for Android

> If you don't have a lot of music in the root folder, try just doing a
    > full rescan.

Browse Music Folder does NOT use the database. You should even ben able
    to use it without ever having run a scan.

Maybe server.log would tell you more?
    --

Michael

I only had a couple of files (maybe 15) in the root folder, but moving them to a subfolder fixed the issue, thanks! Strangely though the amount of files in root hadnt changed in the last couple of month. The server log doesnt reveal anything that meets the eye, the only error repeatedly popping up is "[17-06-16 21:54:15.6297] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1244) Warning: [21:54:15.6294] DBIx::Class::ResultSet::update_or_create(): Query returned more than one row. SQL that returns multiple rows is DEPRECATED for ->find and ->single at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Schema.pm line 1877
    " but the timestamps are unrelated

New User

Just downloaded the App to Samsung S4. Some questions if I may;

1. A-Z filter in Album Artists; When I tap it, it toggles on/off. But if I toggle it to Off, why doesn't it stay off permanently?
    For example; Go to Album Artist, toggle A-Z to Off, Select Artist, tap return key on phone & A-Z is back again?
    If it is there all the time, what is the point of tapping on/off A-Z?

2. Speaking of A-Z filter; I thought I would try to use it? Well when I tap say 'M' it displays a list starting with (P)ink Floyd? And Pink Floyd is not even the first Artist I
    have starting with P? Why does it jump to Pink floyd? I have many Artists starting with 'M".
    So I tap 'O' and it displays list starting with 'S'?
    What gives?

3. Progress bar on now playing screen; I know I can tap the album cover and the progress bar appears. I can choose some tracks and the progress bar remains.
    But when my phone goes into the 'lock' screen after a short while, when I swipe back in and tap the app the progress bar is gone again?
    Both the original Logitech app & Squeezer never had this problem.
    Is there some way I can keep the progress bar?
    Last edited by Jeddie; 2017-08-12 at 05:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddie View Post
    Just downloaded the App to Samsung S4. Some questions if I may;

1. A-Z filter in Album Artists; When I tap it, it toggles on/off. But if I toggle it to Off, why doesn't it stay off permanently?
    For example; Go to Album Artist, toggle A-Z to Off, Select Artist, tap return key on phone & A-Z is back again?
    If it is there all the time, what is the point of tapping on/off A-Z?
    Did you set the option to have the A-Z list show by default? Hiding that A-Z list gives the main list more horizontal room for the text.

2. Speaking of A-Z filter; I thought I would try to use it? Well when I tap say 'M' it displays a list starting with (P)ink Floyd? And Pink Floyd is not even the first Artist I
    have starting with P? Why does it jump to Pink floyd? I have many Artists starting with 'M".
    So I tap 'O' and it displays list starting with 'S'?
    What gives?
    You may want to do a full rescan of your library. The A-Z list depends on an index list that the app requests from the server. Sometimes when the library has some corruption, the jump points end up being incorrect.

3. Progress bar on now playing screen; I know I can tap the album cover and the progress bar appears. I can choose some tracks and the progress bar remains.
    But when my phone goes into the 'lock' screen after a short while, when I swipe back in and tap the app the progress bar is gone again?
    Both the original Logitech app & Squeezer never had this problem.
    Is there some way I can keep the progress bar?
    That's because the progress bar was never designed to be permanent. It's default state is to be hidden, the option in the preferences just stops it from automatically hiding once it's shown. When app gets hidden and shown again, the progress bar reverts to it's default state. I'll see if I can save the state of the bar when app gets hidden.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    Did you set the option to have the A-Z list show by default?
    Thanks Wayne.

Whereabouts is the option to display the A-Z list?

Thanks Wayne.

Whereabouts is the option to display the A-Z list?
    Preferences > Display > Show jump list

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    --------------