Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    My LMS uses an IP provided by a VPN service and my DYN hostname points to that IP. I was using password protection on top of that obfuscation successfully right up until a LMS reinstall. After the reinstall, password protection still works perfectly for web browsers and hardware devices. It only stopped working for all three instances of Squeezeplay in use. I have disabled password protection when I've needed to use any of those Squeezeplay instances.

I can input the username on Squeezeplay and move on to the password screen. When I enter the password and click "done," literally nothing happens.
    Squeezeplay tries to connect with the username/password for a few seconds and should return to the username input screen if it fails.

There's not a lot of logging in the HttpAuth modules but try setting the applet.HttpAuth, audio.code, audio.decode and audio.output logging to debug, quit squeezeplay
    Delete HttpAuth.lua from C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\SqueezePlay\us erpath\settings and start squeezeplay.

When SP fails to connect, press and hold the backspace key to cancel the connect attempt, if it doesn't come back on it's own, quit squeezeplay and see if there's anything helpfull in the logs.
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\std*-SqueezePlay.txt

If still no joy, quit squeezeplay, backup or just delete the userpath folder and start SP and try again.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Squeezeplay tries to connect with the username/password for a few seconds and should return to the username input screen if it fails.

There's not a lot of logging in the HttpAuth modules but try setting the applet.HttpAuth, audio.code, audio.decode and audio.output logging to debug, quit squeezeplay
    Delete HttpAuth.lua from C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\SqueezePlay\us erpath\settings and start squeezeplay.

When SP fails to connect, press and hold the backspace key to cancel the connect attempt, if it doesn't come back on it's own, quit squeezeplay and see if there's anything helpfull in the logs.
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\std*-SqueezePlay.txt

If still no joy, quit squeezeplay, backup or just delete the userpath folder and start SP and try again.
    Thanks. I'll try those steps and report back. Much appreciated.

Deleting the userpath directory and reconfiguring Squeezeplay worked. Thank you.

New Windows squeezeplay build available.

7.8.0.r1034

Add separate power on (k) off (i) key press actions.
    Add Justboom USB smart remote support.
    Fixed a memory leak in lua interpreter.
    Fixed luajson error code comparison always returning false.
    Backported CVE-2017-2887 to SDL_image-1.2.5.

See post #1 for details.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

I'm also having a problem getting Squeezeplay to work on Windows 10 (although it has worked in the past).

After selecting language, it always attempts to connect to mysqueezebox.com, resulting in 'Problem Connecting'

It tries to do the same again, whether I then select ''Switch Library' or 'Try again'.

Why doesn't 'Switch Library' let me actually do that? (and I don't care about it connecting to / don't want it to connect to mysqueezebox.com anyway).

I have tried deleting the Userpath folder, and turning off Kaspersky protection, but nothing will get it past this problem.

TIA.
    Living room: SB Touch, with coax to: Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio (1/3), with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio (2/3), no battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB3 (1/2), AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3 (2/2), Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
    Bathroom: SB Radio (3/3) (in white), with (and running on) battery.
    Server: LMS v7.9.1 on WSE 2012 R2, HP Proliant Gen8 G1610T, 2.3GHz, 8GB.

Is this a new install?

I just upgraded 2 Window 10 machines and had no problem. I did an uninstall & new install but all the preferences were the same I found. All I did was click on My Music and it found my server.
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro & piCorePlayer 3.22 LMS 7.9.1, (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, Samba w/ 2 TB USB Drive for files

Not sure if it will help

I have another machine that I rarely use for Squeezeplay so I just tried to use it and had symptoms similar to you so I tried switching players and connected that way. Using the Web interface I found the player was connected to MySqueebox.com & just use the Web interface to move it back to the local server. I hope that helps. I was never able to connect using the switching libraries.
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro & piCorePlayer 3.22 LMS 7.9.1, (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, Samba w/ 2 TB USB Drive for files