Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Very useful

Works great! Thanks for doing this, ralphy.
    ----------------------
    "Dreamer, easy in the chair that really fits you..."

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    New version r158 available on googlecode which automatically uses the default sound device from system preferences, if both the USEPADEVICE and USEPAHOSTAPI environment variables are NOT set. See post#1 for details.
    Ralphy

Perfect! My Mac mini is connected via USB to the same DAC that I use for my Touch. When the DAC isn't powered up the default sound output reverts to some other device, but when I power up the DAC it switches over automatically. Restarting Squeezeplay is then all it takes for it to pick up the new default output device.

This one change is enough to make this mainstream now in my opinion. A simple standalone app with no need for tweaking anything. Great work.

Switching back and forth between Squeezeplay and a synced Touch they're indistinguishable. Kind of makes the Touch redundant now, since my Mac is always on and runs my LMS. I guess the only possible inconvenience is the fact that the Mac runs headless, and I need to fire up a VNC viewer to go in and restart Squeezeplay each time the DAC is powered up. Any chance you could make Squeezeplay poll for the current default output device and follow it, rather than just latching on to it at startup? That way I could just leave it running.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Ralphy
    Any chance you could make Squeezeplay poll for the current default output device and follow it, rather than just latching on to it at startup? That way I could just leave it running.
    No, since that would require changing the design of squeezeplay. Don't forget it's the same code as runs on the touch and radio.
    Last edited by ralphy; 2013-01-03 at 14:40.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

SqueezePlay was the only thing holding me back from installing my free ML upgrade on my mid 2012 MacBookPro. Thanks for this. Works great.

After a few weeks without any problems i would like to thank you!
    You made my music collection so much easier to use on my iMac.
    You did a GREAT job with which i'm happy with every day.

Don

Thanx a lot Ralphy!

Very useful for me, as I had trouble to set up SqueezeSlave to digital output...
    Works perfectly with ma SQ Radio and Touch on LMS w/Synology

Philippe
    France
    Last edited by lopasilver; 2013-02-23 at 07:26.

Sample Rate

Quote Originally Posted by lopasilver View Post
    Very useful for me, as I had trouble to set up SqueezeSlave to digital output...
    Works perfectly with ma SQ Radio and Touch on LMS w/Synology

Philippe
    France
    Works as well perfectly for me on Mac mini and ML....however after installing the 158.dmg package, the sampling rate of my MuFi VLink 192 XMos converter displays always a 192KHz sample rate, independently of the source FLAC being streamed (I've tried with 44.1, 88,2 and 96), is this a normal behavior? Or is the Mac simply upsampling everything to 192KHz ?

Remark: I didn't set any environment variable, just selected the VLink 192 as default output in OSX Sound Preferences...(LMS is latest nightly 7.8.x)

Thanks for your advises,
    Philippe

Quote Originally Posted by PMusic View Post
    Works as well perfectly for me on Mac mini and ML....however after installing the 158.dmg package, the sampling rate of my MuFi VLink 192 XMos converter displays always a 192KHz sample rate, independently of the source FLAC being streamed (I've tried with 44.1, 88,2 and 96), is this a normal behavior? Or is the Mac simply upsampling everything to 192KHz ?

Remark: I didn't set any environment variable, just selected the VLink 192 as default output in OSX Sound Preferences...(LMS is latest nightly 7.8.x)

Thanks for your advises,
    Philippe
    I've found that port audio defaults to opening the device in shared mode which means OSX resamples everything. I've been experimenting with setting this to pro mode which seems to turn this off. I've got an early demo build of squeezelite which does this if you want to prove that this is the issue (see squeezelite thread on linux forum)

Quote Originally Posted by PMusic View Post

Thanks for your advises,
    Philippe
    The 158 package included an updated version of the portaudio library.

Can you confirm that the previous 142 package opens the device to match the source file sample rate?
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Unable to install applets on squeezeplay on mac

Hello,

I am unable to install applets on squeezeplay on the mac.

I just downloaded and installed version 7.8.0 r158

The menu choice for
    settings->advanced->Applet Installer

When I click, I can see the button depressing, but nothing happens.

I am still new to squeezebox, plugins and applets.

What is the difference between installing the applet on using the web interface on the server, and installing the applet from a menu on one of the squeezebox clients?