Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Today got part.

I solder it on the board but it still don't work.

Order the parts from Mouser Electronics. The paper that came with it says:

621-DPLS320A-7
    MFG PN: DPLS320A-7
    PNP 0.6W
    Diodes Inc. Transistors Bipolar (BJT)

Name:  P3A X7 621-DPLS320A-7.jpg
Views: 2625
Size:  236.6 KB

Here is a photo after I solder it in the board.

Name:  Picture 41.jpg
Views: 2621
Size:  233.5 KB

Looks like it's the same one up on the top of the photo.

I just don't get why it don't still work.

-Raymond Day

I seen what I did wrong.

I did not read good your part you said here:

"element q5 (p3a) which is also a valid code for diodes (DPLS320A)"

That's the one I order but you were saying that's the other part on top of the bad part in the photo. At lest the P3A code on top the the part does mach up with the other. So it looks like you were right with the valid code.

So I went back to Mouser and order I hope the right one. From what you said here:

"my guess: diodes DMP2215L (thats what 22p is for, but these codes are used by multiple manufacturers) and the xo would mean manufacturing date october 2010."

Because looks like you were right with the P3A one I hope this one will come and say on the top 22P.

I will post back after I get the part and solder it in.

It did seem like with this P3A solder in it. When I test it I smelled some burning and tuch the new part and it was hot. I unplugged the power fast and plugged it back in. It don't get hot any more. I guess it burned out the wrong part P3A one. I have to solder in the right one any way.

-Raymond Day

And now?
    LG
    Steve
    --------------------------------------------------
    3x SB Boom
    2x SB3 Classic
    SB Radio
    Controller
    2x Duett
    Touch
    an SqueezoboxServer 7.7.2 auf einem Scaleo WHS

It still don't work.

I guess it's some other parts. I think the black things with the number 220 on them my be bad. Looks like it be hard to unsolder them. That they my be solder on top of the board under them.

I got this photo.

Name:  Squeezebox Radio still no work. Thnink 220 part ba.jpg
Views: 2473
Size:  268.6 KB

I don't know what they are called to order them. I hope that is what's wrong.

Put my squeezebox Radio back together so I don't lose any part from it. I think it will take a long time to fix it if I can.

-Raymond Day

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Day View Post
    I don't know what they are called to order them. I hope that is what's wrong.

Put my squeezebox Radio back together so I don't lose any part from it. I think it will take a long time to fix it if I can.

-Raymond Day
    Those large black parts are inductors. You can test them with an ohmmeter, I doubt they are bad though, they are quite robust electrically. They can be damaged by impact, though.

Either you still don't have the right part, but I think you do as I would guess the right part is a P-channel MOSFET. Or something else is burned up as well, which is often the case. Try to follow the traces and look for other damaged components.

Don't throw it away, though. If you are ever done trying to fix it I would gladly give you the cost of shipping.

Did anyone ever get this radio repaired?

I too am wondering if this radio was repaired. My squeezebox radio, about four years old, also died with the same transistor Q3 burnt out, looking just like the photos from the original poster. Interestingly, I also was running with a home-brew battery pack, sensing temperature but not intermediate voltages (as I think the proper battery pack does). I bought a new radio, but would like to repair the old one so am looking for information.

Could be this thread is as dead as my radio...

... exact same problem here

Any update on this thread?

Has anyone made any progress here?

Quote Originally Posted by nmizel View Post
    ... exact same problem here

Any update on this thread?

Just a note:

My Radio never had a battery pack, yet it appears Q3 failed on my board, as well.