Not sure what the advantage is with Musicbrainz. Is it really needed? I use dbpoweramp and then customize with mp3tag. Curious as what Musicbrainz does for you?
Results 11 to 14 of 14
Thread: MP3Tag and Musicbrainz
2012-07-21, 16:09 #11
MusicbrainzIf the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.
2012-07-21, 21:29 #12
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
2012-07-22, 03:58 #13
Location 1: VortexBox Appliance 6TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet)
- Join Date
- May 2008
- United States
Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.2 > SqueezePlay
Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
Controllers: iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify
2012-07-24, 10:00 #14
- The Music Brains tags are of quite higher quality than other sources that don't have their review process (which can be annoyingly stringent).
- They are consistent in capitalisaiton, artist names etc.
- They explicitly track different releases of the same album.
- They often have extra data on the cds and tracks.
- Adding the MBIDs to tracks make keeping track of trackstat data from erland safer if you move files.
- Tracks can be recognised from audio fingerprinting tech or via the original CD.Louis