Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boom Bust

Boom Bust

Got the blinking lights on the buttons. Is it dead? What is the warranty period?
    Squeezebox touch
    Squeezeplug running on Dockstar
    Audiolab MDAC
    Arcam A85 amp
    Chord rumour speaker cable
    Dali Mentor Menuets on Custom Design stands

Room 2
    Boom

Bedroom
    RADIO

Hard to say given the limited info. Have you already tried a factory reset or xilinx reset? For the former, unplug the Boom, then plug it in again while holding down the "+" button. For the latter, unplug the Boom, then plug it in again while holding down the "1" preset button.

SB warranty period is generally two years.

Cheers mate the latter worked phew!
    Squeezebox touch
    Audiolab MDAC
    Arcam A85 amp

Room 2
    Boom

Bedroom
    RADIO

Great! glad to hear it.

The unit wad powered off over night and now it is doing the same. All buttons come on white then go off but main display is blank. Is the power supply dodgy ? Anyone got a spare to try?
    Squeezebox touch
    Audiolab MDAC
    Arcam A85 amp

Room 2
    Boom

Bedroom
    RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by tank121 View Post
    The unit wad powered off over night and now it is doing the same. All buttons come on white then go off but main display is blank. Is the power supply dodgy ? Anyone got a spare to try?

Anyone any further suggestions?
    Squeezebox touch
    Audiolab MDAC
    Arcam A85 amp

Room 2
    Boom

Bedroom
    RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by tank121 View Post
    Got the blinking lights on the buttons. Is it dead?

What is the warranty period?
    Visiting my folks this weekend and their boom craps out today with same result. LED's behind button blink on 5 sec then off 1 sec.

Tried poweron w/+ on remote (factory reset) and the poweron w/preset 1 to no avail.

Tried it with ethernet connected hoping that this might just be a wireless problem and isn't recognized by the router. Power seems to be seated properly, though I can swap out power supply at home next week with one of my working booms.

Really hoping this can get fixed up. I'm responsible for about 6 of these things. . ..

Quote Originally Posted by Clnanderson View Post
    Visiting my folks this weekend and their boom craps out today with same result. LED's behind button blink on 5 sec then off 1 sec.

Tried poweron w/+ on remote (factory reset) and the poweron w/preset 1 to no avail.

Tried it with ethernet connected hoping that this might just be a wireless problem and isn't recognized by the router. Power seems to be seated properly, though I can swap out power supply at home next week with one of my working booms.

Really hoping this can get fixed up. I'm responsible for about 6 of these things. . ..

I'm having the same the same issue now. I was listening to Pandora with mysb and it just stopped and got the flashing. I was using wifi. No resets work with either wireless or Ethernet.

Must be software. Hope there is a way to bring it back to life.
    Last edited by pounce; 2012-08-27 at 05:07. Reason: damn autocorrect

On SB3 if WLAN card goes faulty - unit fails to startup and display stays dark. WLAN failure also prevents Ethernet working. This might be the same behaviour on Boom. The only way to test is to open up Boom and remove WLAN card (it is a mini PCI card) and then see if Boom powers up when connected with Ethernet.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    On SB3 if WLAN card goes faulty - unit fails to startup and display stays dark. WLAN failure also prevents Ethernet working. This might be the same behaviour on Boom. The only way to test is to open up Boom and remove WLAN card (it is a mini PCI card) and then see if Boom powers up when connected with Ethernet.
    I finally got around to operating on the Boom after buying a house and getting married. Using the instructions on disassembly from the below link I removed the Wifi card from the Boom. I put it all back together and fired it up attached to Ethernet. On boot it flashed some messages on the screen about the Wifi card not being installed, but it got an IP and and I was able to play some Pandora stations.

So, thank you. Removing the wifi card and using Ethernet revived the boom. I probably will not bother replacing or messing around with the wifi card. I'll just continue with the Ethernet connection.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post727193