Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS will not start with SlimNAS

Hi all

I went to Herger.net and downloaded the latest files for SlimNAS (2.0.2), and also LMS 7.7.2 tgz. I'm using FreeNAS 0.7.2.5543 installed under VirtualBox, with 384MB RAM.

LMS will not start under FreeNAS. When I run perl slimserver.pl --user=www --d_startup --debug server=debug I get a message:

Can't call method "log" on an undefined value at /mnt/green1/slimnas/squeezebox/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm line 189.
    Can't call method "log" on an undefined value at /mnt/green1/slimnas/squeezebox/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm line 189.

I found this message in a previous post but couldn't find how they resolved this.

What I should try next?

Thanks
    Brendon

OK, I extended the path to include the 'squeezebox' subfolder in the "Installation Folder" entry, and it started up after I saved.

Same here...

Quote Originally Posted by brendonwp View Post
    OK, I extended the path to include the 'squeezebox' subfolder in the "Installation Folder" entry, and it started up after I saved.
    I'm having exactly the same problem, except that Squeezeserver 7.5.3 works. It's just LMS that doesn't seem to (though I've only tried 7.7.2).

Can you be a bit more specific as to exactly what you changed, and what order you did things in to get it working?

Many thanks

(sorry, should have said I'm running 0.7.2.8191 on a custom build...)