Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Controller just suddenly quit.....

Version 7.7.2 r9663 - most recent server version.

Started by refusing to connect to server, although SB3 was having no problems. Restarted server, rebooted wireless router, rebooted controller, restarted Receiver.
    Receiver is playing fine, controlled by Playbook, and SB3 is fine. Controller now won't connect to wireless, or even find wireless network (well I have conflicting info here - Wireless Info shows the network with a wireless signal, but I have a red wireless icon, and if I go to Networking, it doesn't see any networks, and refuses to connect if I re-enter my network name and password). I've hit the 'Repair Network' button, but it just seems to sit there spinning.....
    I haven't pulled the battery yet..... that's next I guess. (didn't make any difference)
    Any other suggestions???

ps one other weird thing - if I go to Software Update, the option that comes up is 'Cancel' - has this thing crashed somewhere in the middle of an automatic update?????

Thanks for any help, all you Squeezebox geniuses!
    Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
    WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router
    http://www.last.fm/user/nicketynick/

Factory reset seems to have worked

As above...... I hope this isn't a recurring problem for me (I only updated software and firmware a week ago.....) - when I go to 'Software Update' now, it reports that I am running the latest, so I have a feeling the updates didn't install smoothly last time around........

I'd do a factory reset on the controller and set it up from scratch. From Home menu go to Settings, then Advanced, then at the bottom of the list pick Restore factory settings. Then just follow the prompts on the controller.
    2 Duets - 1 for upstairs and 1 for downstairs
    Rock Solid with LMS 7.8.0 and WHS 2011

Well you called it! Thanks for the input....

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    I'd do a factory reset on the controller and set it up from scratch. From Home menu go to Settings, then Advanced, then at the bottom of the list pick Restore factory settings. Then just follow the prompts on the controller.