Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Help Please. squeezebox 2 not connecting to mysqueezebox.com

I would appreciate some help. I have a Squeezebox 2 and a Squeezebox Touch. All was working OK but now my SB2 will not connect to mysqueezebox.com. The display says "can't find address for mysqueezebox.com" . The Touch connects perfectly. Both are connected via Ethernet. When connected to the Local server most of the Internet Radio channels don't work on the SB2 but work OK on the Touch.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Try rebooting (unplugging) your router and the SB2.

I have tried rebooting everything. I have moved the SB2 back to my own network and the same problem persists. I have manually allocated IP address etc and the problem remains. Thinking it is a DNS problem I have applied manual publis DNS addresses but without success. The device has connected to mysqueezbox.com successfully in the past as all of the player details are logged. This is very frustrating.

Also lost contact this afternoon; fixed itself after a while

I have three booms; one was playing WROR thru MySB.com and lost contact with mysb for a while. I was going out anyway so did nothing. Checked the other 2 on the way out, they were fine. About an hour later upon return the out one was connected, but of course not playing anything. This was approximately 1520, PDT
    Pretty odd......

add, edit: I need to update my signature; also forgot to add that the SB Classics were ok as was the Touch, at that time.
    Last edited by pbroughton; 2012-05-13 at 21:41.
    phb (3.5 Booms, 2 SB3, 1 Rec'vr, 2 Controllers, Touch, 2 Radios (1UE), iPeng &UE: itouch & iPad, Squeezepad, 2 SoundBridge R1000s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky1963 View Post
    I have tried rebooting everything. I have moved the SB2 back to my own network and the same problem persists. I have manually allocated IP address etc and the problem remains. Thinking it is a DNS problem I have applied manual publis DNS addresses but without success. The device has connected to mysqueezbox.com successfully in the past as all of the player details are logged. This is very frustrating.
    I have had the same problem for months now...both on an Ubuntu LMS server and on a Mac.

Just what the hell is going on with this issue? There still doesn't seem to be a fix for it.

I first posted about this issue many months ago and see that there are now quite a few with the same issue.

My squeezebox classic used to work fine, then after an update I haven't been able to connect since. I can connect to my local LMS and stream my local files, I can use internet radio too, but it will not connect mysqueezebox.com through LMS therefore I cannot use my napster account unless I disconnect from the LMS and connect directly to mysqueezebox.com and when I do this I cannot use my local files and cannot use Spotify as thats not appearing at all....

I just used the squeezebox radio, setup my mysqueezebox.com username and password and straight away theres Spotify. Went to the classic and did a factory reset and bam, only LastFM and Napster are showing, no Spotify. I've since read that on the classic I'll need to add a 3rd party app for Spotify but as I cannot connect to mysqueezebox.com via LMS thats pretty much out.

This all used to work without issue, and hasn't worked now for many many months.

I've done the factory resets, I've restarted the service once the server is up and running (that used to be a problem so I got into the habit of restarting it once the server was up), I've turned the firewalls off, I've added different DNS servers (ISP's and googles public servers) and nothing is fixing it.

So frustrating.
    Source: Squeezebox 3, Thorens TD160 Super Turntable, SME 3009 arm with a Linn K9 cart.
    Amp/Speakers: Meridian M30, Thorens Restek Pre-amp
    Phones: Grado SR-60s
    Headphone Amp: Pro-ject Headbox II
    HP Proliant Microserver running WHS 2011 & Squeezebox Server

http://www.last.fm/user/chn68b

Quote Originally Posted by chn68b View Post
    ..... I've restarted the service once the server is up and running (that used to be a problem so I got into the habit of restarting it once the server was up), I've turned the firewalls off, I've added different DNS servers (ISP's and googles public servers) and nothing is fixing it......
    That right there indicates a problem. What OS and LMS version? Guessing you are using a NAS? If yes, any other programs running on it?
    If not using a NAS have you tried the LMS > Control Panel > Diagnostics? Certain MySB.com credentials are correct on LMS?
    Tried running LMS briefly on a different PC/Mac for comparison? All works fine on my WinXP installs of LMS.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    That right there indicates a problem. What OS and LMS version? Guessing you are using a NAS? If yes, any other programs running on it?
    If not using a NAS have you tried the LMS > Control Panel > Diagnostics? Certain MySB.com credentials are correct on LMS?
    Tried running LMS briefly on a different PC/Mac for comparison? All works fine on my WinXP installs of LMS.
    I installed WHS 2011 and the problem is resolved. Looking at other posts on here, this problem seems to be affecting non windows systems, with me it was vortexbox (fedora) but I've seen this replicated on other versions of linux and others using Mac OS.

My personal details were correct, there are plenty of others experiencing the same problem who have given up. I also tested this with windows xp on my laptop before I purchased WHS 2011, and it worked fine on XP too.
    Source: Squeezebox 3, Thorens TD160 Super Turntable, SME 3009 arm with a Linn K9 cart.
    Amp/Speakers: Meridian M30, Thorens Restek Pre-amp
    Phones: Grado SR-60s
    Headphone Amp: Pro-ject Headbox II
    HP Proliant Microserver running WHS 2011 & Squeezebox Server

http://www.last.fm/user/chn68b