Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

partitioned 2 TB hard disk

Ciao a tutti
    I'm an italian old man and for my 60 birthday my wife gift me a squeezebox touch.
    my upinion is that this player is great, but...I've stored my music into a 2 TB disk partitioned.
    My squeeze (nikname) do not read the other partition eccept the first.
    Do you know if it's possible to surf between partitions?
    In this HD I need also to store the conversion in to FLAC of my vinil collection ( 1000 LP only).
    thanks
    Antonio

Benvenuto Antonio. Unfortunately for you, the Touch can only read one partition from a hard drive that is directly connected to it. If the hard drive were on a computer running the Logitech server software (Logitech Media Server, or LMS), then you could use both partitions.

One other possibility is to get a new hard drive with a single partition and use that, and use the current drive for your backup. Or if you already have a backup drive, possibly reformat that drive to a single partition and use that connected directly to the Touch.

partitioned 2TB HD

Thanks Aubuti
    I'Ve suspected that the Squeezy have some problem to read the partitions of an HD.
    Frankly speaking on 2 TB is very difficult to manage the files.
    My solution is to use the first partition readed by Squeezy like the parking of the music that I want to listen, I thing that 250 GB is enough for a day of music, in this case I copy in it the music here.
    Now I need to learn to use the LMS but normally the HD follow me around the wold.

Grazie
    Antonio

partitioned 2 TB hard disk

Just put shortcuts (Windows) or aliases (Macintosh) on the first partition that point to the others. The same thing works for other hard drives. Enjoy!