Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Where does NOAA go?

I love the squeezebox - BUT it can be so flaky/ e.g. Some days I can get NOAA Fort Collins to be received and some days I just get the "beep/Bop This stattion does not do internet streaming..etc.." and then a couple of days later - I can receive it loud and clear. Any ideas?
    Thanks

John

Likely the stream itself is unreliable based on information from their own web site: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/streamaudio.htm

- internet streams not reliable
    - streams hosted by third parties (universities, individuals)
    - limited number of server connections
    - etc....

As mentioned, the NOAA Weather Radio streams are not provided by NOAA/NWS directly. These feeds are often provided by volunteers, providing them as a "community service". The primary site responsible for providing these streams is Weather Underground. More info about their weather radio feeds, including a list of which ones are currently online and available, can be found here:

http://www.wunderground.com/wxradio/index.html
    Squeezebox devices: Boom, Duet, and Radio
    DLNA devices: Sony Bravia TV, WMP11 on Win7
    LMS 7.7.2 running on a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus

Thanks

Thank you for the replies. I just noticed that the screen has the weatherunderground logo.... so that explains it. There is so much to this little black box of joy, I am sure I am not getting the full benefit of all its features. I am going to have to trawl this forum. Thanks again for the information.
    John