Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

external HD some albums not showing

i have 1500 albums on my 1tb wd hard drive and when i open the hard drive on my laptop i can see every album, however not all are showing on the touch when i scroll my albums, i have tried to clear list and rescan everything, but it comes up " scan unexpectedly ended" tried about 10 times now and same thing. i would like all the albums on ther hd to be seen on the touch,
    im very new to this so simple laymans please if you can help
    thanks
    ron

We need more info about your setup

How is your equipment setup ? Are you connecting to the Touch through a network or are you connecting your HDD directly to the Touch ? Can you determine any pattern to what does not show on the Touch ? That sounds like a tagging issue. The scan stopping unexpectedly could be various issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
    How is your equipment setup ? Are you connecting to the Touch through a network or are you connecting your HDD directly to the Touch ? Can you determine any pattern to what does not show on the Touch ? That sounds like a tagging issue. The scan stopping unexpectedly could be various issues.
    yes through a network, had the albums showing before though, so cant see what has happened they are all still showing on the HD but not on the touch all files are wav lossless for audio use and as i say they showed befor for quite a while, just havent been able to see them recently and ive changed nothing, what do you think i should do, very frustrating
    Cheers
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by falcoron View Post
    yes through a network, had the albums showing before though, so cant see what has happened they are all still showing on the HD but not on the touch all files are wav lossless for audio use and as i say they showed befor for quite a while, just havent been able to see them recently and ive changed nothing, what do you think i should do, very frustrating
    Cheers
    Ron
    Can you see the missing albums using the web interface of LMS on your laptop ? If so, check the tags of the ones that do not appear versus the ones that do appear on the Touch. What version of LMS are you running ?

More than likely, the art work is too large (file size) for the touch to show.
    Slim Device Transporter wirelessly connected

2nd SqueezeBox 3 Wirelessly connected (MasterBedroom)

3rd SqueezeBox 3 Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

4th Squeezebox Duet wirelessly connected (bedroom)

5th Squeezebox Touch Wirelessly connected (livingroom)

6th Squeezebox Touch Wirelessly connected (downstairs bedroom)

Server (In garage)
    running on P4 3.0 GHz 3 gig ram
    Windows XP (Sp3)
    350 Xternal gigHD
    Verizon Fios wireless router w/HG antana

WAV files do they really have proper tags ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    WAV files do they really have proper tags ?
    As i said i know nothing had these albums downloaded by a mate who uses exactly the same files with no issues what so ever all files are the same wav lossless and album art on them are the same so cant see what has happened, they did show before with no issue so cant see the tags being different, just seem to have lost about 160 albums for some reason, all from the letter R onwards in the alphabetical order??
    Cant i start again and get the touch to see these?
    Every time i do a rescan everything command it goes through the first third ok then everytime it comes up "scan unexpectedly ended" why would this be happening? if it wont rescan everything surely it wont see all the albums, would that be right?
    Thanks
    Last edited by falcoron; 2012-05-06 at 02:52.

What operating system are you using? Could be a file ownership or permissions issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mlsstl View Post
    What operating system are you using? Could be a file ownership or permissions issue.
    OPERATING SYSTEM IS windows XP - EN - cp1252 although my laptop is windows 7

No ownership issue i had all my cd's loaded for me was working 100% fine for last 6 months everytime i rescan it gets through all the albums on the external HDD up to the letter R then everytime the scan tells me it has ended unexpectedly, have been trying for weeks to get the rescan to do everything but same thing happens. I have tried all 3 scans,
    1, clear files and rescan everything ( this always fails at the letter R)
    2, look for new and changed media files ( this scans through pretty fast with the green bar getting to 100% within a few mins then just stays there for ages doing nothing) should i let this stay until it yells me its done? ive let it sit for 15mins but nothing only a green bar at 100% showing, dosent seem to end?
    3,only rescan playlists ( again goes through the green bar pretty fast then as above just sits there for ages.

I havent reset or changed anything on the server or SB or my laptop this just happened all of a sudden, i tried resetting to factory settings and reploading the modem and all went well but still only seeing up to the letter R ( there is a couple of S and T titled albums but i have loads of them on the HD not showing on the SB)
    please help its driving me mental, not easy when your a technophobe!

Check your scanner log for hints

From the LMS Control Panel Advanced tab clisk on show scanner log. Perhaps that will give a clue as to what is happening