Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Anyone running ftp server on NSA310?

I have am using an NSA310 to stream to my SB Touch with no issues. I am also trying to set up an FTP server so that I and other family members can access my music files from remote locations. I have set this up without too many problems but I have been unable to set the music folder shares so that username and password must be entered before accessing the files. my experiences with 'Share' settings so for are:

Public - Anyone can fully access the files without need to enter usernamne or password (not good)

Private - Can only be accessed by one person, the share owner

Advanced - I have ceated and entered various usernames, however because the music folder is set to 'Publish' (so that LMS can see the files) it says that folder will be 'read only' for any users. also when you try to log onto you cannot see the folder.

If anyone has acheived this successfully and can tell me where I'm am going wrong I would be grateful for the help.

Cheers
    Rich
    Last edited by Mothman; 2012-05-04 at 04:52.
    Client: SB Touch
    Server: Desktop PC running XP Pro SP3 & SBS 7.6.1
    Wireless Router: Buffalo WZR2-G300N
    CableModem: Virgin media

Now sorted, I had mistakingly ticked 'Enable Anonymous ftp Access' in error. I big thank you to 'Stratmangler' for his help.
    Client: SB Touch
    Server: Desktop PC running XP Pro SP3 & SBS 7.6.1
    Wireless Router: Buffalo WZR2-G300N
    CableModem: Virgin media