Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Best I can suggest is going into the Boom Setup Menu's (press & hold BACK arrow, enter Setup) and verify all of your network settings (IP, DNS, Gateway, Subnet, etc..) are all accurate for your network.
    Thanks for that tip.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Any chance your router has a "guest" network for WiFi?
    Not that I know of, is there a way to determine that?

I just went through all of the settings and everything seems OK. The SBT sees the Boom, and the IP Gateway , subnet mask, and DNS server all match. Yet, I still cannot connect to Internet radio (unless I use mysb.com). I must be overlooking something!
    Last edited by stereoptic; 2012-05-03 at 03:34.

Logitech support suggests that my DNS address of 75.75.75.75 may be the culprit. I found this address as one of the DNS servers on my Linksys router. should I be using another DNS address?

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    Logitech support suggests that my DNS address of 75.75.75.75 may be the culprit. I found this address as one of the DNS servers on my Linksys router. should I be using another DNS address?
    Yes. With static ip for player, I use the router ip for Dns. Eg, 192.168.001.001
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Yes. With static ip for player, I use the router ip for Dns. Eg, 192.168.001.001
    I think that I might have tried that in one of my trial and errors, but I'll try it again. I will change it on the LMS server as well (mac mini) - I have the 75.etc entry in the networking>advanced>DNS setting there. I'll give it a try tonight. THanks for the help!