Hi, This is my first post and I would appreciate some help. I have a Touch connected to a ReadyNas and feeding a Cyrus 8xpd-QX via Coax digital output. Almost everything functions perfectly (including Spotify) and I absolutely love the device. However I cannot get the Touch to play hi resolution files without constantly rebuffering. I have tried 24/96 and 24/88.2 FLAC files from different providers. I only use hard wired Ethernet. The time taken to start re-buffering is not consistent but always starts to occur within 30 seconds of the music starting and repeats regularly thereafter.
I have tried the following :
- rebooting all hardware ( including the Netgear router)
- ensuring the ReadyNas and the Touch are running the latest software ( as of today - 30 April 2012)
- stripping out all cabling other than that to the ReadyNas and Touch and rebooting ( power off/on) the Netgear router (Note I used Squeezepad via wifi) . I have also tried CAT 6 cables in place of CAT 5E.
- I have installed the Soundcheck Touch Toolbox 3.0 and changed the buffer size from 4000 up to 50000 with no significant difference. I have changed the server settings as per the Touch Toolbox recommendations.
- I have also restored to factory settings ( ensuring latest software) and started again. Still the same problem (24/96 is worse then 24/88.2)
I have looked through the forums and have ran out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated, hopefully I have missed something obvious.
Results 1 to 10 of 14
2012-04-30, 14:05 #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
HELP Please - Touch Re-buffers constantly playing 24/96 or 24/88.2 FLAC