Have anyone ever opened the Squeezebox Radio? I found no screws even not under the rubber things in the bottom of the device. So how can I open it without breaking anything?
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: How to open Squeezebox Radio
2012-04-24, 22:00 #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
How to open Squeezebox Radio
2012-04-25, 01:52 #2
2013-10-09, 09:36 #3
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
Opening Squeezebox radio chassis
1. Carefully remove speaker grille using a credit card or a (plastic) putty knife if you have one.
2. Remove the two T9 Torx screws to the right of speaker.
3. Place your left thumb on the left side of the display panel and right thumb on the right side of the display panel. Press down slightly and slide the panel to the left.
4. Carefully lift panel away from chassis noting wires for speaker, power and headphone jack remain attached to chassis.
Replacing the panel- Now here's the tricky part.
1. Guide the control panel back into the chassis until seated and slide panel to the right. Replace Torx screws.
NOTE: It would be that easy if it were not for the headphone jack wires which are a little too long and keep getting in the way.
Once you move these wires around to 'just the right spot' you should be able to get the panel to go all the way back down and slide over to the right.