Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Server install problems

Help! This is driving me round the twist!

I messed up a few settings on the server, do decided to uninstall and reinstall on one of my laptops, the laptop that holds most music files.

Uninstalled ok and I deleted the SB program folder.

Now I can't get it installed, just hangs on the creating directories screen

I'm running win 7 and using the same exe of 7.6.0 that was the original source of install.

I have tried turning off both windows firewall and Avast anti virus I also checked the exe file on another laptop, also win 7 - installed in about 2 minutes.

what's happening??

Quote Originally Posted by Nogsk View Post
    Help! This is driving me round the twist!

I messed up a few settings on the server, do decided to uninstall and reinstall on one of my laptops, the laptop that holds most music files.

Uninstalled ok and I deleted the SB program folder.

Now I can't get it installed, just hangs on the creating directories screen

I'm running win 7 and using the same exe of 7.6.0 that was the original source of install.

I have tried turning off both windows firewall and Avast anti virus I also checked the exe file on another laptop, also win 7 - installed in about 2 minutes.

what's happening??
    7.6.0 was one of the buggiest builds in recent history! I'd use at least 7.6.2 if you don't want to go to 7.7.2 (which has been trouble free). All versions are here:
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    7.6.0 was one of the buggiest builds in recent history! I'd use at least 7.6.2 if you don't want to go to 7.7.2 (which has been trouble free). All versions are here:
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/
    Tried 7.6.2, same problem, also tried latest version, which hangs at the removing old versions splash screen.

Gor to be something simple I'm missing??

Bootzilla posted these instns for the uninstall/install process on another thread. You might want to give it a try. Link to whole thread below.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...lean+uninstall

To perform a clean install follow the steps below.

1. Open Control Panel, then open “Programs and Features”

2. Scroll down to Squeezebox Server, select it and click “Uninstall”

3. Restart Windows

4. Go to C:\Program Files and delete the Squeezebox folder
    - Click on Start
    - Click on My Computer
    - Click on C:\
    - Click on the Program Files folder
    - Locate the Squeezebox folder and delete it (and SlimServer and SqueezeCenter if they exist)

5. Go to C:\ProgramData, locate and delete the Squeezebox folder
    - Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left of the screen
    - Click on Computer
    - Type the path above in the Address field
    - Locate and delete the Squeezeboxfolder (and SlimServer and SqueezeCenter if they exist)

6. Download and reinstall Squeezebox Server from:

http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download

7. After the install completes, the Squeezebox Server Control Panel will launch.

8. Click the Accounts Tab and enter your mysqueezebox.com credentials, and the Library tab to point to your music library.

Squeezebox Server will start scanning your music library. Once the music scan is complete, Squeezebox Server is now set up and ready to play music

Thanks

Hi,looks like I missed the C:\programdata delete, now slowly deleting 1.2 gb's worth!

It's interesting that the squeezebox folder in the above location doesn't show in the 'start' search function.

Hopefully the problem's sorted.......................................