Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    This appears to be a LMS scanning bug. I tagged some files using Picard and got the same results.

Thanks for your patience, Erland.

Quote Originally Posted by prabbit View Post
    This appears to be a LMS scanning bug. I tagged some files using Picard and got the same results.

Thanks for your patience, Erland.
    No problem.

Something you could try since you seems to be on a Mac where the LMS isn't compiled into a binary is to try to patch it.

I'm not sure exactly where the LMS is installed on the Mac, but if you can find out where it is installed, the changes that potentially can solve the problem is if you:
    - Open Slim/Formats/Movie.pm in a text editor
    - Change the line:
    Code:
    'MusicBrainz Track Id'     => 'MUSICBRAINZ_ID',
    to:
    Code:
    'MUSICBRAINZ TRACK ID'     => 'MUSICBRAINZ_ID',
    If this doesn't help LMS might be reading tags for m4a files in same way as MP3 files and in that case you can also try to change Slim/Formats/MP3.pm from:
    Code:
    my %tagMapping = (
            'MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ARTIST'          => 'ALBUMARTIST',
    To:
    Code:
    my %tagMapping = (
            'MUSICBRAINZ TRACK ID'          => 'MUSICBRAINZ_ID',
            'MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ARTIST'          => 'ALBUMARTIST',
    If you try the above and it solves it, please add information about it in the bug report to make it easier for Logitech developers to correct it.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by Erland's Proposed Fix
    'MUSICBRAINZ TRACK ID' => 'MUSICBRAINZ_ID',
    This appears to be the solution! I will do more testing first though. After a rescan, 19,425 tracks report having a MusicBrainz ID.

I've got a busy couple of days in front of me, but I'll report back when I can.

That was in fact the issue. After correcting some other issues with my files, I was able to get TrackStat to update ratings for ~7200 files. I don't think that's all of my ratings, but I'll take it. Even though I already have lifetime licenses to all of your plugins, I sent you some beer money. You've earned it. Thank you!

That was in fact the issue. After correcting some other issues with my files, I was able to get TrackStat to update ratings for ~7200 files. I don't think that's all of my ratings, but I'll take it.
    I'm happy it worked.
    Did you register a bug at http://bugs.slimdevices.com for the inability to scan musicbrainz tags in m4a files so we can get Logitech to fix this in a future SBS/LMS release ?

Even though I already have lifetime licenses to all of your plugins, I sent you some beer money. You've earned it. Thank you!
    Thanks, I really appreciate it :-)
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Did you register a bug at http://bugs.slimdevices.com for the inability to scan musicbrainz tags in m4a files so we can get Logitech to fix this in a future SBS/LMS release ?
    Not yet. I will, and I'll update this thread after I have.

Bug filed for MusicBrainz Track IDs in .m4a files

Sorry to intrude on this thread, but as I've been seeing the same problem, I thought I'd file the bug:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=18000

Thanks, goharbourview123. I had a surgery and haven't been fussing with LMS for several months.