Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Categories under "Favorites"? Difference between TuneIn and MySqueezebox.com?

Hi. Is there a way to create categories of my Favorites on my SB? For example, put all my sports stations under "Sports;" all the old-time-radio stations under a heading of "OTR"?
    Also, I still don't understand the difference between TuneIn.com and My Squeezebox.com. Is TuneIn just for listening on one's computer? If so, how does that help me to add/arrange stations that I want to listen to on my actual Squeezebox?
    What can one do on My Squeezebox.com? Somehow I have managed to add a lot of Favorites on this website, but I just went there trying to add a couple of new radio stations and nothing happened. I was able to find one new station on my actual SB and then press the "+" symbol to add it to My Favorites.
    My previous experience with WiFi radios is with the C.Crane WiFi radio which uses the Reciva system. I do love the sound quality and the 6 preset buttons on the SB. But obviously I am still trying to figure out the basics. Any help/direction is much appreciated.

Stations by Category: This can be done if using LMS, simple create Folders & Sub-Folders within the LMS web UI under Favorites. Then you can drag & drop or cut & paste URLS into your defined Folders. This cannot be done using MySB.com.

Tune-In vs MySB.com: Tune-In can be used on either LMS or MySB.com, it is just a stream aggregator that organizes, categorizes, provides searches for stations within it's database of stations. The contents of Internet Radio on SqueezeBox is all provided by Tune-In. MySB.com is simply an online server to stream stations and services without the need of a computer.

LMS does everything MySB.com can do plus a lot more and offers much more customizing options (like creation of Favorites folders), etc...

Thank you; was able to get some things accomplished

Thank you, toby10. I had never even opened LMS. I'm assuming you mean the turquoise icon with a musical note in my Startup area. When I first opened it, it said I needed to open it through Windows "Start" and sign on as an Administrator. So I did that and I was eventually able to see the stations I have saved. I didn't immediately see how to create folders but just kept clicking around until I found where I could create them. So I created 5 folders, but now I don't see how I can drag/drop my favorites into each folder. After I created the 5 folders, I saw only 3 stations that are somehow separate from all my other favorites but they wouldn't drag/drop into the folders. How do I get all my favorites and the folders to be on the same page in LMS? And will I be able to drag/drop my favorites into one of the folders at that time? Is all this in the Owner's Manual?

Also, I guess you're saying that I should be using LMS on my PC to arrange favorites? I can find stations on the actual SB radio itself, but I need to go to LMS to put those new favorites into folders, right?

'Sorry to be so dense. I am pretty technically savvy for an old lady but still need some help with something new like this. Once I "get" something, I am a whiz-kid (although a gray whiz-kid). I really appreciate any help, even if it is to tell me to read the manual, which I did when I first got the SB, but I didn't memorize everything. I got so disgusted trying to set it up, I just let the radio sit for months. Now I have a little experience under my belt and would like to know more about how it all works. Thanks again.

Keep in mind if you store all Favorites on LMS then you must always run your computer + LMS to utilize them.

Drag & drop and cut (x on web UI) & paste should work. Make sure you click the pencil icon on the Favorites web UI line to enter Edit mode.