Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Can the SB Android apps be made UPnPable?

Over the last couple of months I've been getting a PS Audio PWD integrated into my system. I have the network Bridge option for it, and have been trying the provided server and available UPnP apps.

What I've confirmed, however, is that the Logitech supplied free Android app and the other 3rd party SB control apps absolutely kill what is currently available to control the PWD. The PWD and its music server are DLNA/UPnP capable. It had me wondering if it's possible to get any of the Android apps for it to be UPnPable, such that they could work with other renderers like the PWD. The other UPnP stuff out there is pitiful by comparison. I've always been very pleased with how the evolution of Slimserver -> LMS has resulted in a tremendous control capability, now as extended through some nice apps. I like it a lot.

My SB gear, BTW, is not going anywhere soon. It's been too much bang for the buck. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
    The other UPnP stuff out there is pitiful by comparison.
    The reason for this is UPnP, which is a somewhat flawed (least common denominator) specification (at least when you expect anything that comes near to the Squeezebox experience).
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    The reason for this is UPnP, which is a somewhat flawed (least common denominator) specification (at least when you expect anything that comes near to the Squeezebox experience).
    Ah, I didn't know that. Too bad.