Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Cannot see LMS on PS3

Just bought some new hardware for my media network, squeezebox 3 and PS3.

Had LMS running on a very slow PC running Windows 2003 which served up the music OK but struggled with any video. Just bought a HP MicroServer and installed WHS 2011 and installed LMS on it, could not get the add-in to install so just used the latest Windows version which is working OK.

Only issue is that the my PS3 is not not picking up LMS as a media-server which it did OK with the same version that was installed on the PC running Win 2003.

I then installed Serviio on WHS along with the add-in, now the PS3 can see the media OK, which I think is better for video than LMS but thats my opinion.

Any reason why the PS3 cannot see the LMS as a media-server on WHS 2011, just curious as I now have everything running as I want it now, just need another media-stramer for the livingroom for the video!!

Regards,
    Barry

Ps-3

Turn on UPNP in your router...

Quote Originally Posted by BazzDunk View Post
    Just bought some new hardware for my media network, squeezebox 3 and PS3.

Had LMS running on a very slow PC running Windows 2003 which served up the music OK but struggled with any video. Just bought a HP MicroServer and installed WHS 2011 and installed LMS on it, could not get the add-in to install so just used the latest Windows version which is working OK.

Only issue is that the my PS3 is not not picking up LMS as a media-server which it did OK with the same version that was installed on the PC running Win 2003.

I then installed Serviio on WHS along with the add-in, now the PS3 can see the media OK, which I think is better for video than LMS but thats my opinion.

Any reason why the PS3 cannot see the LMS as a media-server on WHS 2011, just curious as I now have everything running as I want it now, just need another media-stramer for the livingroom for the video!!

Regards,
    Barry