Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Question Custom Browse - Downloading and sharing menus

Dear All

I was very excited when I saw this at Erland's Custom Browse wiki
    - http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Browse_plugin

Where is the repository from where I can download previsouly created and published Custom Browse Menus?

Extract of wiki here
    <<
    Downloading and sharing menus

Custom Browse provides a way to download and share menu definitions with other users, this is used in a number of different ways:
    The latest version of the builtin menu type are always available for download, this means that instead of waiting for a new official release of Custom Browse you can download a new menu directly after it has been corrected by the developer.
    A user can choose to publish/share a menu he has made himself, after publishing this menu will be available for download for all other users

When publishing/sharing a menu you have the following options
    You can choose to register, the advantage with this is that other users will see that you are the author for the menu so you will get some credit for it. It is also a way to make sure that no one else can modify your shared menu. You register by selecting on of the "Publish" links and then selecting "Register & Login" in the Custom Browse web interface in your SqueezeCenter.
    You can choose to publish a menu anonymously, this way you don't need to provide any information about yourself but it also means that other persons can update and modify the shared menu.

The recommendation is that you register when publishing menus but its still better that you publish a menu anonymously than not publish it at all.
    >>

Quote Originally Posted by NPendrigh View Post
    Dear All

I was very excited when I saw this at Erland's Custom Browse wiki
    - http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Browse_plugin

Where is the repository from where I can download previsouly created and published Custom Browse Menus?
    It's integrated in the Custom Browse user interface, just select to create a new menu and you will see a list of all available built-in menu types, at the top of the list there is a "Download more menus" link which gives you access to the latest version of the built-in menus which haven't been released yet and also any menus which have been shared by other community members.

So far nobody has shared any menus, so the only extra menus you will find behind these download links are some menus which have made on request from some users but didn't think they were general enough to be included in the main distribution. I suspect most people just use the built-in menu templates and configure them and those that creates their own templates probably customize them for their own needs so it's not something that's worth to share.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.