Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Touch screen faulty?

After almost 10 years of faultless service from my slim / squeeze devices, I think I may be experiencing my first failure. A SBT screen appears to have lines in it (horizontal) as if every other line is not working. The screen appears washed out / faded but the backlight seems bright ( no contrast). Hardly used too since it's the dining room player and screen is 'off' when not in use.
    Any ides?
    Do Logitech fix these? I believe it is over 1 year old.. but I've bought 4 over the years - How do they know what is in warranty ( I'm not sure myself).
    Do these screens tend to fail often? I recall comments that the old green displays in the classic etc. would fail, but all my old players have been fine ( and are left on all the time). Ironic..

I don't have an answer for a single one of your questions, but I'd try powering off (by physically pulling out the power plug) for several minutes, then powering back up. If that doesn't fix it, try doing a factory reset by holding in the reset button on the back of the unit for 15 seconds or so, until you see a message about restoring factory settings.

If neither of those work, you probably have a screen that's gone bad.

Quote Originally Posted by yeomanspc View Post
    Do Logitech fix these? I believe it is over 1 year old.. but I've bought 4 over the years - How do they know what is in warranty ......
    Warranty is two years, they know from the date of your receipt. Using a credit card at purchase you might be able to extend this to three years.