Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

"nb malloc failed in slimproto" when turning off Transporter

Not sure it's related to 7.7.2, but I've been getting quite frequent "nb malloc failed in slimproto" messages - followed by a reboot - on my Transporter lastly, when I turn it off.
    As the TP shows absolutely no sign of problem when playing music, it's not a big issue, but I'm wondering what could be causing this.

I'm under the impression that the error only occurs since the 7.7.2 upgrade and only when I'm switching activity from my Harmony remote, but I can't believe my Transporter's just started being jealous from my TV! ;-)

I can't see any error message in server.log when it occurs (but global log level is set to error).
    Is this a known problem? Is there something I can do to track the error down?

Edit - Looks like I've failed posting my message in the good forum... There's no 3rd party hardware involved, there.
    Last edited by sebp; 2012-04-17 at 13:55.

If you google for the error message (or search the slim forums) I think you'll find people having had this kind of issue. Looks like it could be related to a botched firmware update, or to something wrong in your network setup/hardware.

Good luck.
    (the right place for TP topics is the Audiophiles forum. Or is it??)
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Quote Originally Posted by epoch1970 View Post
    If you google for the error message (or search the slim forums) I think you'll find people having had this kind of issue.
    I had, but except for the error message, it didn't look like my issue.
    I've been able to reproduce the problem again few minutes ago, using the PowerToggle discrete IR code, but it's a random issue (it just works as expected now)

Looks like it could be related to a botched firmware update, or to something wrong in your network setup/hardware.
    Nothing has changed in my network setup/hardware recently, and now that I've checked, it looks like FW revision 87 has been in the wild for a while, so the issue's not related to the 7.7.2 upgrade.
    I guess I''ll give a Xilinx reset or FW reload a try.

(the right place for TP topics is the Audiophiles forum. Or is it??)
    I was targeting the General Discussion forum, but missed something, obviously.

Thanks.