Over the years of building my digital music server, I've been adding 5.1/5.0/4.0 FLAC's along the way as I rip DVD-A and SACD's (haven't done any Blu-Ray yet). They're either 24/96 or 24/88.
I looked at the directory today and see that I already have about 100 albums at this point of multichannel material.
I'm curious, is anyone doing any multichannel streaming out there? I assume the most likely way to do this currently would be a PC/Mac --> HDMI receiver. I would certainly love to be able to integrate this collection into my LMS library as a single point of access some day!
If something like the following exists, I suspect I'd be set for life :-):
- Decodes 16/24-bit, 44/48/88/96/176/192 kHz stereo
- Decodes 16/24-bit, 44/48/88/96 kHz 5.1 multichannel
- Analogue Output: RCA and balanced with quality close to the Transporter (quite hard to beat based on measurements)
- Digital inputs: gigabit Ethernet, TosLink, coaxial, HDMI, USB, WiFi 802.11ac (coming later this year I think)
- Digital outputs: TosLink & coaxial downmix, HDMI passthru for multichannel to outboard DAC
- A good screen that's dimmable / switch off - like the Touch, maybe higher res and larger, no need for touch screen function
- A few buttons would be nice like on the current Transporter (no need for the feedback wheel despite the coolness!)
- Integrates into the LMS server!
Price: ~$3000 seems fair...
Results 1 to 5 of 5
2012-04-14, 16:18 #1
Multichannel streaming, anyone? 'Transporter Ultimate' fantasy :-)
2012-04-17, 12:05 #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Ontario, Canada
2012-04-17, 19:23 #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
Yep! foobar does this wonderfully!Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D
Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due Venti>>Link Audio K100
2012-04-17, 20:43 #4
a hdmi only squeezebox reciever for 100$ no other output
(8*spdif would be interesting to me but very few people other than meridian owners could benefit from it )--------------------------------------------------------------------
Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux
2012-04-20, 13:58 #5