Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spotify "Not Available in Your Country" errors

When playing songs from Spotify on the Touch, I get frequent error messages telling me that the song is "not available in my country".
    The same song plays OK when using the Spotify native application, so this message is in error.
    Account settings on mysqueezebox.com are set to Netherlands, which is the right country.

Could this be because the plugin switches to the mysqueezebox site hosted elsewhere? Anyone else solved this problem?
    Would installing and using the 3rd party spotify plugin (instead of the built in) solve this problem (well, I shouldn't ask this, can try that for myself of course)

(The SB TOuch - Spotify combination is very dear to me so I'd like to keep it working!)

I just tried the Triode (3rd Party) Spotify plugin: this one works fine and plays the files like it should.

I guess the only explanation can be that the native plugin switches to mysqueezebox.com which is hosted in a country where the files are not supported (thus not using the 'country' setting).

Hope this'll be fixed since it's a nice feature to be able to use Spotify when the local server is off/down etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPvC View Post
    When playing songs from Spotify on the Touch, I get frequent error messages telling me that the song is "not available in my country".
    The same song plays OK when using the Spotify native application, so this message is in error.
    Account settings on mysqueezebox.com are set to Netherlands, which is the right country.

Could this be because the plugin switches to the mysqueezebox site hosted elsewhere? Anyone else solved this problem?
    Would installing and using the 3rd party spotify plugin (instead of the built in) solve this problem (well, I shouldn't ask this, can try that for myself of course)

(The SB TOuch - Spotify combination is very dear to me so I'd like to keep it working!)
    Triodes plugin is better in this regard (and in practically all other aspects to ) , and you will not need to switch to mysb.com for spotify .

Imo the "Not Available in Your Country" errors makes the official app unusable and there is no intention to fix it ? I'm only uses Triodes plugin as I have a mini server that always run's (official app uninstalled ).
    But if you want spotify without computer you have to suffer some oddities :/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I guess I'll try to install them both. Will be using the Triode plugin as standard and the official one only when the server is off.

Thanks,

More on region problems

Thanks to Erland for directing me here after posting this in the General forum
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnoroger View Post
    (Also posted on the Logitech SB Forum)

Running the official Spotify plugin, configured with my premium account details, in the UK - some tracks cannot play on the Touch as unavailable in my region, even though these play just fine from the Spotify app on the Mac when logged in under the same premium account.

Why so?

Is there a fix?

Would I have the same problem using Triode's Spotify plugin?
    Well, now having tried it, I get the same issue with Triode's plugin. Gary Burton Libertango album in my case - in a playlist created from the official Mac Spotify client that plays perfectly from there. Using either the official SB plugin or Triode's brings up the "not available in your region" message.

When I search for Libertango within the official Spotify plugin, select the Gary Burton album, and try to play a track I get no error message but the track itself does not play - it appears to play in that the pause symbol appears but there is no sound and the progress bar makes no progress.

When I search for Libertango within Triode's Spotify plugin, the album icon listed as Gary Burton has a different cover image - it seems to be swapped with the one for Sharon Shannon and Friends. Still the Gary Burton gives the region problem. The Sharon Shannon plays but shows yet a different album cover when doing so.

In summary, an album that plays fine from the official Mac Spotify client will not play in either SB plugin when logged in using the same premium account.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Solved for Triode's plugin

Thanks to Erland for directing me here after posting this in the General forum

Well, now having tried it, I get the same issue with Triode's plugin. Gary Burton Libertango album in my case - in a playlist created from the official Mac Spotify client that plays perfectly from there. Using either the official SB plugin or Triode's brings up the "not available in your region" message.

When I search for Libertango within the official Spotify plugin, select the Gary Burton album, and try to play a track I get no error message but the track itself does not play - it appears to play in that the pause symbol appears but there is no sound and the progress bar makes no progress.

When I search for Libertango within Triode's Spotify plugin, the album icon listed as Gary Burton has a different cover image - it seems to be swapped with the one for Sharon Shannon and Friends. Still the Gary Burton gives the region problem. The Sharon Shannon plays but shows yet a different album cover when doing so.

In summary, an album that plays fine from the official Mac Spotify client will not play in either SB plugin when logged in using the same premium account.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks to Erland under the General forum, I now have this working with Triode's plugin. The trick is to select the settings option to always stream via the Helper - thus bypassing the firmware in my Touches. Just means my Mac Mini server is going to have a lot less sleep.

Problem still there for the official Spotify SB plugin.

I was also (still) getting the "not available..." message so, when I realised that I'm now running my LMS on a processor that can work with Triode's plugin, I changed to that (it's annoying that the Logitech Spotify plugin has never been updated / fixed).

Triode's is much better (thanks, Triode), and has more features that actually work (e.g. radio). And, of course, I'm hoping /expecting that I won't get the error anymore.

However, I can't get rid of the 'original' Spotify menu option on the main menu of my Touch etc. If I select this, it takes the Touch to mysqueezebox.com, which is a pain.
    Living room: SB Touch, Audiolab 8000A (c1985) + TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio 1/3, with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/3, no battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB3, AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3, Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
    Bathroom: SB Radio 3/3 (in white), with (and running on) battery.
    LMS v7.8.0 on WHS 2011 running on HP Proliant N40L (1.5GHz, 8GB).

Quote Originally Posted by Furry View Post
    I was also (still) getting the "not available..." message so, when I realised that I'm now running my LMS on a processor that can work with Triode's plugin, I changed to that (it's annoying that the Logitech Spotify plugin has never been updated / fixed).

Triode's is much better (thanks, Triode), and has more features that actually work (e.g. radio). And, of course, I'm hoping /expecting that I won't get the error anymore.

However, I can't get rid of the 'original' Spotify menu option on the main menu of my Touch etc. If I select this, it takes the Touch to mysqueezebox.com, which is a pain.
    You should just be able to press and hold (long press until options appear) the old Spotify and then select Hide from Main menu.

You should just be able to press and hold (long press until options appear) the old Spotify and then select Hide from Main menu.
    I didn't know about that - thanks!
    Living room: SB Touch, Audiolab 8000A (c1985) + TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio 1/3, with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/3, no battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB3, AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3, Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
    Bathroom: SB Radio 3/3 (in white), with (and running on) battery.
    LMS v7.8.0 on WHS 2011 running on HP Proliant N40L (1.5GHz, 8GB).

If you go to mysb.com and unistall the official app ?

If you wan to run both Triode made his app having an Orange icon vs the official green spotify icon
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html