Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Moose & QNAP NAS & Squeezebox

Hi there,
    i am trying to set up Moose on my system but do have a problem. I can not find the Cache folder which is containing the SQLite database on my QNAP 219P+.
    The server settings of squeeze box server tells me that the Cache folder is located in "/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache". How can I find this path from Windows?

I am running SB Server Version: 7.6.1 - r33110 on a NAS (QNAP 219P+). I installed Moose ver0.76c on a Windows XP system. On that Windows system I can only see folders that are shared by the QNAP NAS. How can I share folders that lie lower than the ones that are shared?

Thanks in advance!

Larry

I am using SB Touch and Radio

Dr Lovegrove

Moose & QNAP NAS & Squeezebox

On 11 April 2012 10:23, larry_leville
    <larry_leville.5auoi0 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
    >
    > Hi there,
    > i am trying to set up Moose on my system but do have a problem. I can
    > not find the Cache folder which is containing the SQLite database on my
    > QNAP 219P+.
    > The server settings of squeeze box server tells me that the Cache folder
    > is located in "/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache". How can I
    > find this path from Windows?
    >
    > I am running SB Server Version: 7.6.1 - r33110 on a NAS (QNAP 219P+). I
    > installed Moose ver0.76c on a Windows XP system. On that Windows system
    > I can only see folders that are shared by the QNAP NAS. How can I share
    > folders that lie lower than the ones that are shared?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

Hi Larry,

Never used a NAS box myself, but to access the cache you'd need to share
    some part of the /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/ path and access that
    from windows. There should be a way of sharing paths in the NAS's
    gui.. It's usually
    done via samba or something like that, but there'll be a friendly way
    of doing it.

If you shared the ssods4 folder as 'ssods4', and your NAS box was on
    IP 192.168.1.10,
    you'd then access the cache folder in moose via:
    \\192.168.1.10\ssods4\var\home\SqueezeboxServer\Ca che

Hope that helps,

--
    - Dr Lovegrove
    http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove
    http://groups.google.com/group/moosenews

Quote Originally Posted by larry_leville View Post
    Hi there,
    i am trying to set up Moose on my system but do have a problem. I can not find the Cache folder which is containing the SQLite database on my QNAP 219P+.
    The server settings of squeeze box server tells me that the Cache folder is located in "/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache". How can I find this path from Windows?

I am running SB Server Version: 7.6.1 - r33110 on a NAS (QNAP 219P+). I installed Moose ver0.76c on a Windows XP system. On that Windows system I can only see folders that are shared by the QNAP NAS. How can I share folders that lie lower than the ones that are shared?

Thanks in advance!

Larry

I am using SB Touch and Radio
    Very interested to hear how you get on. I have a QNAP 219PII window LMS 7.7.1. When I share the cache or parent folders, my Windows 7 laptop can see the folders but cannot see the files. I know there are files there as they are visible using putty. I am sure it is a windows vs linux thing.

It is about file permissions and safety , I bet that the NAS vendor only realy wants to have the file share visible and the NAS systems files not shared around the network .

However it goes a bit counter to the need of Moose .

Another way is to hack some file in LMS and move the cache location to a folder on your music share .
    This has been done before on other nas/servers and is on some tread on the forum so search for that .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

This worked for me ->

Hi!
    I solved the problem. Thanks for the hints!
    Here is what I did:
    The solution that worked out for me was to move the cache folder to a location that is already shared. In details:

1. Disable Squeezbox Server

2. Open a telnet connection on your Windows machine (here: telnet 192.168.1.98)

3. Change to the current cache folder of SBS on the NAS and copy server.prefs to folder that is already shared:
    [/share/Public] # cd ..
    [/share] # cd ..
    [/] # cd opt
    [/opt] # cd ssods4
    [/opt/ssods4] # cd var
    [/opt/ssods4/var] # cd home/
    [/opt/ssods4/var/home] # cd SqueezeboxServer/
    [/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer] # cd Prefs/
    [/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs] # cp server.prefs /share/Public

5. Create a shared folder where the new cache shall be located (e. g. "/Public/SBS_Cache").

4. Modify the following lines of server.prefs in a text editor so that it matches the new cache folder destination:
    cachedir: /share/Public/SBS_Cache
    dbsource: dbi:SQLite:dbname=/share/Public/SBS_Cache/library.db
    librarycachedir: /share/Public/SBS_Cache

5. copy back server.prefs to your NAS:
    [/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs] # cp /share/Public/server.prefs

6. Enable Squeezbox Server again

7. Tell Moose where the new cache folder is.

Hope this is of help for others,

Larry
    Last edited by larry_leville; 2012-04-17 at 10:04.

Hi!
    I solved the problem. Thanks for the hints!
    The solution that worked out for me was to move the cache folder to a location that is already shared. Hope this is of help for others,

Larry
    Hi Larry, cheers for this, I will try this later tonight if I can get time.

Well done.

Stew

Ok tried this last night but SBS didnt successfully start up. Reverting the .prefs file back and it starts ok still.

I changed the following after creating SBS_Cache folder in /share/Public:
    cachedir: /share/Public/SBS_Cache
    dbsource: dbi:SQLite:dbname=/share/Public/SBS_Cache/library.db
    librarycachedir: /share/Public/SBS_Cache

The server log - replaced square brackets & colons (hashes) as the forum doesn't like them:

(12-04-18 18#01#41.3290) Slim##Schema##Storage##throw_exception (122) Error# DBI Exception# DBD##SQLite##db do failed# unable to open database file (for Statement "PRAGMA synchronous = OFF")
    (12-04-18 18#01#41.3319) Slim##Schema##Storage##throw_exception (122) Backtrace#
    frame 0# Slim##Utils##Log##logBacktrace (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 122)
    frame 1# Slim##Schema##Storage##throw_exception (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 1006)
    frame 2# DBIx##Class##Storage##DBI##__ANON__ (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 974)
    frame 3# DBIx##Class##Storage##DBI##_do_query (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 945)
    frame 4# DBIx##Class##Storage##DBI##connect_call_do_sql (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 927)
    frame 5# DBIx##Class##Storage##DBI##_do_connection_actions (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 934)
    frame 6# DBIx##Class##Storage##DBI##_do_connection_actions (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 874)
    frame 7# DBIx##Class##Storage##DBI##_run_connection_actions (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 864)
    frame 8# DBIx##Class##Storage##DBI##_populate_dbh (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 789)
    frame 9# DBIx##Class##Storage##DBI##ensure_connected (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 43)
    frame 10# (eval) (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 43)
    frame 11# Slim##Schema##Storage##dbh (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema.pm line 314)
    frame 12# Slim##Schema##_connect (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema.pm line 129)
    frame 13# Slim##Schema##init (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 667)
    frame 14# Slim##Music##Import##_checkLibraryStatus (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 594)
    frame 15# Slim##Music##Import##useImporter (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Media/MediaFolderScan.pm line 46)
    frame 16# Slim##Media##MediaFolderScan##init (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 522)
    frame 17# main##init (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 643)
    frame 18# main##main (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 1158)

(12-04-18 18#01#41.3341) Slim##Schema##Storage##throw_exception (122) Error# Carp##Clan##__ANON__()# DBI Exception# DBD##SQLite##db do failed# unable to open database file (for Statement "PRAGMA synchronous = OFF") at /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 126
    (12-04-18 18#01#41.3363) Slim##Schema##Storage##throw_exception (122) Backtrace#

frame 0# Slim##Utils##Log##logBacktrace (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 122)
    frame 1# Slim##Schema##Storage##throw_exception (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 47)
    frame 2# Slim##Schema##Storage##dbh (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema.pm line 314)
    frame 3# Slim##Schema##_connect (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema.pm line 129)
    frame 4# Slim##Schema##init (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 667)
    frame 5# Slim##Music##Import##_checkLibraryStatus (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 594)
    frame 6# Slim##Music##Import##useImporter (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Media/MediaFolderScan.pm line 46)
    frame 7# Slim##Media##MediaFolderScan##init (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 522)
    frame 8# main##init (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 643)
    frame 9# main##main (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 1158)

(12-04-18 18#01#41.3381) Carp##Clan##__ANON__ (214) Warning# Carp##Clan##__ANON__()# Carp##Clan##__ANON__()# DBI Exception# DBD##SQLite##db do failed# unable to open database file (for Statement "PRAGMA synchronous = OFF") at /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 126

***** After reverting to the old .prefs file - ok#

(12-04-18 18#10#12 ) ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.7.2-33893.
    (12-04-18 18#10#12 ) ssctrl Using system mysqld# /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld
    (12-04-18 18#10#12 ) ssctrl Patching /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/arm-linux/sls
    (12-04-18 18#10#12 ) ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user ssods --group ssods --httpport 9001
    (12-04-18 18#10#18.9440) main##init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.2, r33893, Wed Mar 14 06#37#22 MDT 2012) perl 5.010000
    (12-04-18 18#10#18.9429) main##init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.2, r33893, Wed Mar 14 06#37#22 MDT 2012) perl 5.010000
    (12-04-18 18#10#19 ) ssctrl SqueezeboxServer started.
    (12-04-18 18#10#19 ) ssctrl Setting nice level to +0

I tried with an empty cache folder, then also tried copying the existing cache files to the new folder and no joy. Did I miss anything?

hm

Hi Stew,
    I' sorry to hear this. I have no clue why it is not working with you. I did not more than I wrote down in my post. I did not copy the old cache nor did I delete it. It just created new cache data in that new folder...
    Strange in my system is: When I check in SBS in the "Server Settings" -> "Information" it still says
    "Cache Folder: /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache"
    which used to be the old cache folder.

Why dont you write a script which copies the cache folder once in a while to this shared folder? Moose would use that copied folder...

Best
    Larry

Hi Stew,
    I' sorry to hear this. I have no clue why it is not working with you. I did not more than I wrote down in my post. I did not copy the old cache nor did I delete it. It just created new cache data in that new folder...
    Strange in my system is: When I check in SBS in the "Server Settings" -> "Information" it still says
    "Cache Folder: /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache"
    which used to be the old cache folder.

Why dont you write a script which copies the cache folder once in a while to this shared folder? Moose would use that copied folder...

Best
    Larry
    That's a good idea. Hadn't thought Moose would work even if it is a copy of the cache. Moose now works great, I will look at setting up a script.

Cheers
    Stew