Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unable to connect to mysqueezebox.com

Recently my LMS has been unable to connect to mysqueezebox.com. I recently upgraded to 7.7.2 and updated my NAS Duo V1 firmware to 4.1.8. I'm not sure which is the cause of the problem, but I'm not sure where to go from here. The errors I get are:

[12-04-10 22:15:29.1434] Slim::Formats::XML::gotErrorViaHTTP (347) Error: getting http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/sounds/v1/opml
    Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
    [12-04-10 22:15:29.1510] Slim::Plugin::Sounds::Plugin::_gotSoundsError (83) Error: Unable to cache Sounds & Effects menu from SN: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
    [12-04-10 22:16:24.5905] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (596) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data
    [12-04-10 22:16:24.5987] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (209) Unable to login to mysqueezebox.com, sync is disabled: Timed out waiting for data (http://www.mysqueezebox.com)
    [12-04-10 22:16:24.6103] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (223) mysqueezebox.com sync init failed: Timed out waiting for data, will retry in 300 (http://www.mysqueezebox.com)

I've confirmed that DNS is correctly configured and I can ping mysqueezebox.com from the command line of the NAS. Any thoughts where to go next to figure this out?

Try stopping then restarting LMS on the NAS. Make sure your MySB.com login info is present & correct on LMS.

I restarted both the NAS and the LMS and it didn't help.

I also checked and the login info is correct and the login to the webservice is succeeding.

I turned up debug and what I noticed is that a handful of the requests are working fine and randomly a handful of the requests are timing out. Wondering if this is an issue since migrating to AWS platform? Anyone else check their log for random mysqueezebox.com failures? I didn't really notice until the message to download my squeezebox radio alarm sounds failed and my alarm went back to the default alarm. Otherwise enough was working that it wasn't apparent without checking the log.
    Last edited by tschmidt; 2012-04-11 at 19:24.

I've been unable to connect to Mysqueezebox.com for ages as well. At first I thought it was an Ubuntu problem, but I have the same problem now I've installed LMS on a Mac. Restarting the router and the servers has no effect: I just get no apps appearing under My Apps (if I connect directly to MySqueezebox.com it all works fine, but I *really* don't want to keep switching back and forth from the local LMS...apart from anything else I used to be able to mix local and Rhapsody tracks in a playlist). This is driving me crazy, I don't know how long I've spent trying to troubleshoot it.

P.S. I thought it might have been my use of unblock.us but even when I set my router back to my ISP's DNS the problem persisted.

Quote Originally Posted by tschmidt View Post
    I restarted both the NAS and the LMS and it didn't help.

I also checked and the login info is correct and the login to the webservice is succeeding.

I turned up debug and what I noticed is that a handful of the requests are working fine and randomly a handful of the requests are timing out. Wondering if this is an issue since migrating to AWS platform? Anyone else check their log for random mysqueezebox.com failures? I didn't really notice until the message to download my squeezebox radio alarm sounds failed and my alarm went back to the default alarm. Otherwise enough was working that it wasn't apparent without checking the log.
    The trick is to restart the LMS service without rebooting the server , sometimes LMS gets false DNS errors if it happens to start before the host machine has got it's network sorted .

If this works then you need to figure why, sometimes it's enough to delay LMs startup .

And do check the mysqueezebox.com tab in the server settings via the web-UI ( mac and pc has some form of flaky controll panels I would avoid all settings is in the web-UI anyway ).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I have the same problem. I have an LMS on an Ubuntu machine and one on Mac OS. Both have the same problem. Restarting LMS does not fix the problem. If I change the password on the mysqueezebox.com Web UI tab to something incorrect it says invalid password. Changing it to the correct password, it does not complain. If I connect directly to mysqueezebox.com I can connect without a problem (although for some reason I cannot use the Spotify App). My switching back to LMS the My Apps list on the web UI is empty (just says "App Gallery" and if I click that it switches to mysqueezebox.com). If I try to access My Apps on one of my SB Classics is says "Missing or Invalid mysqueezebox.com account". But, as I said, everything appears to be set up correctly on the mysqueezebox.com tab.

Quote Originally Posted by smc2911 View Post
    I have the same problem. I have an LMS on an Ubuntu machine and one on Mac OS. Both have the same problem. Restarting LMS does not fix the problem. If I change the password on the mysqueezebox.com Web UI tab to something incorrect it says invalid password. Changing it to the correct password, it does not complain. If I connect directly to mysqueezebox.com I can connect without a problem (although for some reason I cannot use the Spotify App). My switching back to LMS the My Apps list on the web UI is empty (just says "App Gallery" and if I click that it switches to mysqueezebox.com). If I try to access My Apps on one of my SB Classics is says "Missing or Invalid mysqueezebox.com account". But, as I said, everything appears to be set up correctly on the mysqueezebox.com tab.
    regarding the spotify app on mysb.com. This only works for the Radio or Touch. Not for any older system. There you need triode's 3rd party spotify app, which runs only on your local LMS.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    regarding the spotify app on mysb.com. This only works for the Radio or Touch. Not for any older system. There you need triode's 3rd party spotify app, which runs only on your local LMS.
    Great, thanks. I hadn't realised that. I did try that initially but it didn't seem to work. I now think that my problem is linked to the problem of not being able to access other Apps. While there are no Apps listed under my Apps on the web UI, if I access My Apps on iPeng Spotify (and only Spotify) appears. At least that has got Spotify working....still trying to get everything else back!

Quote Originally Posted by smc2911 View Post
    Great, thanks. I hadn't realised that. I did try that initially but it didn't seem to work. I now think that my problem is linked to the problem of not being able to access other Apps. While there are no Apps listed under my Apps on the web UI, if I access My Apps on iPeng Spotify (and only Spotify) appears. At least that has got Spotify working....still trying to get everything else back!
    If you are on ubuntu try disabling the firewall completely as a test .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    If you are on ubuntu try disabling the firewall completely as a test .
    I have disabled my firewall, to no avail. When the problem first appeared some months ago, if I did a purge delete of LMS and reinstalled it, then for a while the Apps would return. Unfortunately that trick no longer works.

Also, I have the same problem (no Apps in My Apps) when I run LMS on OSX (different machine).