Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Should this also work for Solaris 10? My Solaris 10 x86 box has been serving up my music for a few years and now it won't boot past Grub, and I have a fear that I might have to reinstall. I've been using SqueezeCenter 7.3.3 because a) it worked and b) I didn't have the time/inclination to try to figure out how to install the newer versions. That time may be upon me so I'm looking for a shortcut...

Quote Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post
    Should this also work for Solaris 10? My Solaris 10 x86 box has been serving up my music for a few years and now it won't boot past Grub, and I have a fear that I might have to reinstall. I've been using SqueezeCenter 7.3.3 because a) it worked and b) I didn't have the time/inclination to try to figure out how to install the newer versions. That time may be upon me so I'm looking for a shortcut...
    Yes, I think the same instructions would work for you. I would highly recommend leaving your current set up as is and creating a new zone to try the installation on just in case something goes wrong.

Me, too. It should work as long as you have the gnu-binutils installed. They could reside in, e.g. /usr/gnu/bin or so...

Repo available