Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

"Local Music" Problem

Hi, I keep getting the "Local Music Stopped" error message, normally preceded with whatever track I am playing from my USB attached mains powered hard drive.

I then see each time the Squeezebox server has stopped, and I have to start it again, all then works well until the next time, which has been about 4 times so far today!

I had updated to 7.7.2, and then for whatever reason it said that there was a new update available, which was 7.7.1!

Long story short, after a reset, I am on 7.7.2, but need help with the above mentioned problem please!

That has happened to me in the past and is a PITA for sure. SOMETIMES if you delete the squeezebox cache folder on the USB drive
    and then remove and attach the drive it fixes it, after it does a full scan.
    I have had to go back to an earlier firmware a few times in the past when 7.6 was out but so far it has been clear sailing.
    I always keep one old .BIN file ( older firmware) on the root of my USB drive in case I have to go back to a working one.
    Joe Sica
    2 SB Radio's ( 1 black and 1 white) and 1 Touch ( Analog cap mod)

Thanks Joe
    I recall doing that a while back, so far today the problem has not happened, but I will do as you suggest if it does!